Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone knows this as I have been researching and can’t find an answer!

I just purchased a 2019 EX-L. When I connect to CarPlay with the cable, all is well. However I can’t connect to CarPlay wirelessly. Is this even a thing?!?! To my understanding it was possible. Thank you!!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I am hoping someone knows this as I have been researching and can’t find an answer!

I just purchased a 2019 EX-L. When I connect to CarPlay with the cable, all is well. However I can’t connect to CarPlay wirelessly. Is this even a thing?!?! To my understanding it was possible. Thank you!!
It’s my understanding that Wireless CarPlay has been enabled by Apple for a while now, but it’s up to car manufacturers to implement it and utilize it with their systems. And up to now, I have only heard and read that BMW has utilized wireless airplay and everyone else seems to be content with usb.

This said, given the 4 year dev cycle for vehicles, a new/upgradable integration model is needed to allow people to swap out infotainment components more easily from the head units. It’s certainly an area ripe for disruption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts