Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am able to use Waze since the latest iOS release with CarPlay makes it possible and love it... mostly. I am having hte following intermittent issue and wondering if someone has figured out any tricks.

If you have the phone connected and playing a podcast or other "sound" application, and have Waze going so that Waze map is showing on the Pilot's nav screen, it is all great. If you put on your right blinker, the right side camera comes on as expected, but when you cancel the turn signal, instead of returning to the Waze map, the nav screen shows the podcast app. You have to hit the Waze icon to return to the map. However, this is not consistent. I've had trips where the cancellation of the turn signal would return to the Waze map. I'm thinking there must be some sequence of launching the apps that gives one priority over the other, but haven't cracked the code. Anyone having similar experience or figured it out?

Thanks

2017 Touring AWD

·
Registered
20 Posts
It’s not just Waze, it’s Google Maps or Apple Maps. Still haven’t figured it out why..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My latest test sequence that allowed it to work as desired (which is to return to map when canceling the right turn signal)

Turn off all apps on the phone.
Start Car.
Connect phone to car.
Dont hit "Carplay" on the phone screen as that launches/d the podcast or last audio app you were using.
Select Carplay from the car screen.
Launch Waze from the car screen
Once you have the Waze map on the car screen, test its behavior by activating/deactivating right turn signal.
Assuming that showed desired behavior, launch the sound app from the car screen, in my case I launched podcasts and started playing a podcast.
select the Waze icon from the car screen again, and test once more by activating/deactivating right turn signal.

If anyone has insights into all this, I welcome it as it is a pain in the @ss to have to follow these steps in exact sequence.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had this issue since the day I bought my ‘17 Pilot. Honda refuse to acknowledge this as an issue, saying it Apple’s problem.

I got so sick of it, I hacked my head unit using HondaHack Pro, and I installed Waze natively. Works well. Plus I can now watch Netflix on my screen while waiting for my kids to get out of scout meetings...

I’ll give your method a try and see if it works for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had this issue since the day I bought my ‘17 Pilot. Honda refuse to acknowledge this as an issue, saying it Apple’s problem.

I got so sick of it, I hacked my head unit using HondaHack Pro, and I installed Waze natively. Works well. Plus I can now watch Netflix on my screen while waiting for my kids to get out of scout meetings...

I’ll give your method a try and see if it works for me.

How did you hack it? What else can you load besides Netflix and Waze?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts