Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Apple Car Play worked pretty close to fine, for the most part, for 4-5 months, in the slightly used 2018 Pilot I bought in April. As of about a month ago, the phone charges through its lighting cable but the car won't recognize it -- the screen either says "loading..." endlessly, or "No Connection." From everything I've read, this is being blamed on Honda not being able to keep up with Apple's OS updates. That argument makes sense initially, but I didn't notice any correlation between my OS updates and the phone not being recognized by the car. So in the meantime, maybe like many of you, I can't use Waze or Pandora (which I did on a daily basis)... Is this pretty much the current "state of the issue," with no end in sight unless Honda (supposedly) catches up?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas, all. I have tried multiple cables and I’m sure at least a couple of them were Apple brand. I‘m pretty sure I did do the CarPlay re-set (because I remember being so hopeful that it would work — but it didn’t...) but I’ll double-check that. And I’m now on IOS 13.1.3... I‘m pretty darned sure the problem started prior to that last update. (Anyone else having no problems using that OS version?)

·
Registered
9 Posts
it works just fine but one complaint that when i use google map or what ever map happen when i use right signal then the screen switch to music apps that was so annoy

·
Registered
3 Posts
The "fix" for the turn signal issue is when it happens, press the home button on the left side to completely get out of car play, then press the car play button to re-enter car play. It clearly seems to be a honda bug related to startup, but they don't appear to have any interest in fixing it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just FYI, I did recently post this other thread about, yes, a new USB cable apparently solving all my CarPlay/connectivity issues, just FYI... Gotta love a simple solution (even thoguh I had tried multiple cables).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts