Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anza Borrego offroad - jpgs added

I took my Pilot out to the Anza Borrego desert (east of San Diego, CA) for it's first camping trip. On our drive out to the trailhead, we came across some imposing rocks, so I had my friend jump out and take some video of me driving the Pilot over them. We had a blast and the Pilot performed extremely well in the sandy and rocky desert terrain. I'll post some more pictures soon.

Click here to see the video.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm getting an access denied error when trying to launch the video.

Chris

·
Registered
919 Posts
Ah, did a file save as and ran it locally just fine. Great video! Looks like fun.

Chris

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Cool! Thanks for sharin' your ride! :29:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Was that the running board post that hit? I noticed it is about 3+" lower than the stock sides on mine. It looked great though.

Of course I'm also betting if you had gone a little slower I wouldn't be asking the scratch question. What fun, I can't wait to get out again. (I'm still picking mud out fron underneath.)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Nice too see!

Nice to see some Video.. Pilot looks really cool!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just barely nicked the tip of the front and middle running board posts (why there was 2 scratches). Hurt the rock more than the posts though.

Yeah, I should have taken it slower...and yeah, it was fun. :D

banningjr said:
Was that the running board post that hit? I noticed it is about 3+" lower than the stock sides on mine. It looked great though.

Of course I'm also betting if you had gone a little slower I wouldn't be asking the scratch question. What fun, I can't wait to get out again. (I'm still picking mud out fron underneath.)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great job! Nice video. GO PILOT!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice video! Can't wait until my family gets a chance to go camping out there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Getting nauseous and sea sick watching you pilot your almost airborne Pilot. Nicw scenery...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My friend can be a bit of a wise guy. Next time we go, I think I'll make him run alongside as I drive, so I can get some really good video ;)

TheWorm said:
Thanks for sharing that. Would've liked to see even more, esp w/your friend's running commentary :)

Looks like fun!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Don't you mean Jeep hanging with a Pilot?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts