Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 EX-L, RES
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a Sirius XM account for her car, which we bought new in 2000. I've downloaded the app to my phone and use it a fair amount at home, using Bluetooth into a couple of my home audio systems.

My EX-L has SXM available in the sound system. As it turns out I can glom onto my wife's account for $9 a month extra, which is pretty attractive since I do like the service. Anybody have a Sirius account activated on your Gen 1? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had SiriusXM through the factory radio on my 2007 EX-L since I bought it in 2009. Works fine. The downside is that the factory radio has limited channels vs. what is currently available via the SiriusXM app on your phone.

You can add an adapter which will allow you to push content through the AUX input on the back of the factory stereo. I did that in 2011 timeframe and can push content either through the 3.5 mm cable or through a Bluetooth adapter attached to the 3.5 mm plug.

Although at this point if you are going to pull the stereo out to attach the adapter, you may as well just replace it with a modern one that has all the SiriusXM channels, Bluetooth, Carplay, etc. I am considering doing this now that I no longer have long trips where there is limited cell service (West Texas).

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L, 2016 Accord EX 6MT
45 Posts
I have used it on mine for about the last 2 years. I really only flip through a few channels. I don't love having to pay for it but I use it because I travel a few hours away from home every weekend during the winter months and it's nice to not have to channel surf or connect to Bluetooth and listen to the same old songs off my phone.

·
Registered
2006 EX-L
10 Posts
I used it after I got tired of morning talk shows on the way to work. Once my commute changed I got rid of it and switched to a Bluetooth -> FM transmitter, but I do miss it when I’m driving through an area with spotty cell data reception

1 - 5 of 5 Posts