Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed on tirerack website, that Yokohama Geolanders are now carrying a slightly higher (customer) rating than the Michelin Cross Terrains. They're also less expensive by $27/tire.
Contemplating dumping these pathetic Goodyear Integrities (oem), even though plenty of tread left after 32,000 miles (I never thought I'd hope for SHORTER life out of a tire).
Anyone have experience with the Geolander H/T s G-051 on the Pilot?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yokohama Geolandar H/T Y816

I bought them for my Expedition ,and LOVED them they where one of the best tires I ever bought. i felt like i got a new truck they where that good , VERY quite and lot better than the other tires . If and when i need to get new tires I will look at them I was looking a the LTX-MS ,I'm glad i didn't. My family have them on their Lexus LX470 and i cant tell the Difference. .CHRIS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Dave-

I bought the Geolanders A/T + 11's (245-65-17) for my Pilot. I have been very happy with them so far. They are a little bit louder than the Goodyears, but I wanted a more aggressive tread design so that was to be expected. I paid $650 out the door. Good luck with your decision.

Chris

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are you referring to the Geolander H/T-S G051? They do have a pretty solid rating across the board (all-season performance, treadwear, price, etc.) I'm curious too if anyone has any luck with these. Seems like the members of this board seem to lean more to the Michelin Cross Terrains, though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
elduderino said:
Are you referring to the Geolander H/T-S G051? They do have a pretty solid rating across the board (all-season performance, treadwear, price, etc.) I'm curious too if anyone has any luck with these. Seems like the members of this board seem to lean more to the Michelin Cross Terrains, though.
I agree there is a bias toward the CTs; I have it myself, even though I'm still on the Integrities. I believe the extensive history on the Cross Terrains is worth something. When the Geolandars have a few million miles and still are retaining the high ratings, I'll take notice.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
elduderino said:
Are you referring to the Geolander H/T-S G051?

yes, here is a link to current rating comparisons at TireRack
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/highwayas.jsp

People here seem pleased with Michelins Cross Terrains, but at over a + $100 savings (for a set of 4), Yokohamas seem worthy of consideration.

Oh yeah, and then there's that matter of the French (owning Michelin).:mad:

·
Registered
373 Posts
davemac said:
Noticed on tirerack website, that Yokohama Geolanders are now carrying a slightly higher (customer) rating than the Michelin Cross Terrains. They're also less expensive by $27/tire.
Contemplating dumping these pathetic Goodyear Integrities (oem), even though plenty of tread left after 32,000 miles (I never thought I'd hope for SHORTER life out of a tire).
Anyone have experience with the Geolander H/T s G-051 on the Pilot?
Now that we've had our first snow this year it reminds me just how bad the Goodyears were last year.
I haven't changed them out yet but feel I need to soon (24K).
The tires I've been looking at from another post are the Nokian WRs. My concern with them is wear and handling. Without a comparison it's difficult to gauge. I did find a few reviews on them with mixed results.
http://www.nokiantires.com/newsite/tires_popup.cfm?id=6
http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/hl/nokian.htm
http://www.frontiernet.net/~werner/SnowTires/TireReviews/2nd Annual.html

The Geolanders look like a pretty good all around tire.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
300800 said:
Hey Dave-

I bought the Geolanders A/T + 11's (245-65-17) for my Pilot. I have been very happy with them so far. They are a little bit louder than the Goodyears, but I wanted a more aggressive tread design so that was to be expected. I paid $650 out the door. Good luck with your decision.

Chris
Do you have a picture you can post of your new tires?

Did you get raised white letters?

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts