·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone drove their Pilot across a river yet? How deep:jump3:

·
Registered
276 Posts
No one in their right mind would drive a $30,000+ investment into a river. :headshak:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my neighbour has an H2 and they did:4: ;) :1: :5: :jump3:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ImOnlyTen said:
Well my neighbour has an H2 and they did:4: ;) :1: :5: :jump3:
No, really! :cool: :2:
Its true!:4: :17: :5:

·
Registered
276 Posts
H2's are MADE to do those things. The Pilot is not an H2:p ;)

An H2 could climb a mountain if it wanted to.

PS: Given the money, I would have an H2 :cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pilot-1 said:

Good point:rolleyes: :p :1: :4: :2:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Pilot-1 said:
No way, Jose. Even if I had the money, I wouldn't get it. I'd get the X, all loaded with nice accessories and with the money left over, put it towards my children's education fund :2:

·
Registered
276 Posts
RipRocK said:

No way, Jose. Even if I had the money, I wouldn't get it. I'd get the X, all loaded with nice accessories and with the money left over, put it towards my children's education fund :2:

I can say that cuz I don't have any children :p :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
River

I did, will let you know how deep after the scuba guy finds it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
RipRocK said:

Even if I had the money I wouldn't buy the H2 either. I saw one at the DC Auto Show and I had a serious hang up w/ the full size spare tire being mounted inside the vehicle like the old Jeep Grand Cherokee's. For such a big SUV that tire takes up allot of cargo room.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
NO WAY

H2 is a glorified $$$ GM product based on the Suburban...enough said. No thanks.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
How deap a river, how wide a crossing, how fast moving the water, what type of bottom, what type of banks.
Guess it depends.
Who here has driven any 4WD through moving water?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
N_Jay said:
How deap a river, how wide a crossing, how fast moving the water, what type of bottom, what type of banks.
Guess it depends.
Who here has driven any 4WD through moving water?
I must confess that ImOnlyTen's question about driving the Pilot through a river didn't strike me as that unreasonable or far-fetched.

In my youthful past, on several occasions I drove my front-wheel drive Accord and later Corolla through a streambed with moving water not far from my home. I mean, the road leads to the stream and picks up on the other side, so unless you want to take the LONG way round, you decide whether to drive on through, based on the depth/current that day. Maybe I wouldn't do that now, particularly in those same vehicles, but at the time I made it with no problem!!! People with 4-wheel drives thought nothing of it. :2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When we used to live in the Philippines we had a good ol' Isuzu Trooper. Whoa, those things can go through anything;), but now were stuck with a Pwagon:rolleyes:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Where in the Philippines did you live? I used to live there too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts