Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if the MDX heated door mirror replacement glass will work as replacement for the Pilot heater door mirrors? The MDX mirror glass is tinted blue, so it’s very easy on your eyes.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Not sure about the fit, but have you looked into perhaps getting yours tinted? I was curious and did a little searching and saw that some people did in fact have good success doing that.

What about switching your mirrors out with some from the Elite or Black Edition which have auto dimming outside mirrors and also power folding? I've seen a post or two about adding the power folding mirrors but don't recall what would have to be done to get the auto dimming working.

Reactions: Tourist2012

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve got the elite model with the power folding mechanism. The problem with tinting the mirror glass is that I live in a part of canada that gets severe winter weather. The use of the electric mirror defrost and ice scraper would quickly damage tint film.
I really found the blue tinted mirrors on the TL I owned a lot easier on the eyes. Figured that the MDX mirror glass should fit, but the online parts blow up diagrams look like there may be some differences in how the mirror glass is attached to the mechanism on the Pilot vs the MDX.

·
Registered
743 Posts
OK, didn't realize you had the Elite with those upgraded mirrors already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts