Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From page 26, in the section titled "The Information Dirt Road". The heading is "Beds for all my men"...

..."seemingly every manufacturer is offering a truck-type vehicle with an open pickup-truck-style bed...Honda, flush with the success of its unibody truck lineup, will introduce a Chevy Avalanche-style four-door SUV/pickup hybrid. Based loosely on the Honda Pilot, this new truck will have more agressive styling than the Pilot and a pass-through between the bed and cabin."

The article did not say when this vehicle is expected. I saw the thread in the Gallery section where someone photoshopped a pic of a Pilot into an image of this kind of vehicle...it has some potential. Sorry if this was posted somewhere else on the board previously.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Sounds interesting to me. Anyone know when it is coming out?

·
Registered
276 Posts
The article did not say when this vehicle is expected. I saw the thread in the Gallery section where someone photoshopped a pic of a Pilot into an image of this kind of vehicle...it has some potential. Sorry if this was posted somewhere else on the board previously.
You're probably talking about my picture (below)......

I think it would make an awesome truck!

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
This has been floating around for awhile...

I think the "multi-use" aspect of such a beast MIGHT allow it exist and NOT contradict the repeated statements that Honda will focus on PASSENGER vehicles...

I would also expect that such a vehicle to share NO visual clues as to its "heritage" in the same way that the Pilot doesn't share much with the Ody (this would be in contrast to how the Explorer Sport Trac & Envoy EXT are clearly "line extensions" of the base SUV...)

Personally I'd love a SportTrac, but my wife thinks they are too "NASCAR"....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts