Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It can be found here. I even saw the "making of" of the commercial on TSN, the welfare version of ESPN in Canada. I think it's pretty darn cool and ingenius by the marketing folks at Buick to have come up with a commercial like this with Tiger in it.

Rainier's set to come out this fall. The styling is horrible on it, but not as bad as the Rendezvous. The numbers are not too bad. Inline6 w/275HP, 275lb-ft of [email protected] or a V8 w/290HP, 330lb-ft of torque. Only 4 speed though, not 5 and looks like the AWD will be an option, not std but looks to have skid control, but not sure

Couldn't help though, as I was watching the segment on TSN how if I won one of those, I'd just turn around and sell it and get a Pilot :D The segment I saw on TSN said that the car's $40,000CDN.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thank you for posting that Riprock--it absolutely made my day!!
What a great concept for an ad and a woman won the car to boot!
How about Tiger making that shot with his club upside down??!
Anyway, my thought on the Rainier is that it is great looking--from the back I think it looks alot like the Pilot and from the front, I think it looks alot like a Lincoln Navigator. Just out of curiousity, where does the Rendezvous fit into Buick's car line-up now that the Rainier is coming out?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
loved it...real nicely done...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chiquita said:
Anyway, my thought on the Rainier is that it is great looking--from the back I think it looks alot like the Pilot and from the front, I think it looks alot like a Lincoln Navigator. Just out of curiousity, where does the Rendezvous fit into Buick's car line-up now that the Rainier is coming out?
Judging by the price tag, right below Rainier?

·
Registered
191 Posts
That is a GREAT commercial! Can you imagine being out on the links and having Tiger walk up to you while your on the tee? :eek: Anyone know where that was filmed or did I just miss it?

·
Registered
483 Posts
What a great commercial !

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
kompers said:
That is a GREAT commercial! Can you imagine being out on the links and having Tiger walk up to you while your on the tee? :eek: Anyone know where that was filmed or did I just miss it?
will not be on the par 3 golf course I play on :( :mad:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Buick Rainier

The new Buick is yet another disguised trailblazer. So far theres the trailblazer, envoy, rainier, and isuzu something or other.
All the same platform/parts bin.

Yikes, the grille on the Ranier. C'mon Buick. The rest of it looks pretty decent.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Buick Rainier

74PILOTMOM said:
The new Buick is yet another disguised trailblazer. So far theres the trailblazer, envoy, rainier, and isuzu something or other.

H3 coming in 2005 (??) will also be based on this

·
Registered
620 Posts
chiquita said:
Didn't like the Rainier that much... looks like... well... a Buick. Pilot much better looking...IMHO

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Re: Re: Buick Rainier

ramirami said:

I read that the H3 will be based on the Chevy Colorado mid-sized truck. Is this really going to be based on the Trailblazer too?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Buick Rainier

74PILOTMOM said:
Yikes, the grille on the Ranier. C'mon Buick. The rest of it looks pretty decent.
ramirami said:
74PILOTMOM said:
I read that the H3 will be based on the Chevy Colorado mid-sized truck. Is this really going to be based on the Trailblazer too?
Man, if any of the above is true, that will be one pathetically bastardized version of the real Hummer. Those guys at GM really need to get some head.....oops, I meant, some brain :2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts