Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy an EX with DVD. I test drove an MDX with Navi (with backup camera) and DVD and really liked it but didn't like the $42,500 price.
I figured I could buy a Pilot EX-L with Navi ($32,980) and add-on DVD ($1500) and back up camera ($1000). That's $35,480. Dealer's in Philly are still close to MSRP (grrrrr!) but I could probably get it for $1000 off or $34,500.
However I don't care much for leather so the alternative is cloth EX with aftermarket DVD $29,780 plus $1500 or $31,280. $30,280 with best discount.
So is Navi worth the $4000 difference?
I'm afraid I'll regret it if I don't get it. Anyone get Navi and regret spending the extra money?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
tguy47: I went this route (no pun intended) -- I bought the RES (e.g., the DVD system) and then bought an aftermarket GPS NAV system, namely the Garmin StreetPilot III (for $633.00 online, with the $100 rebate). Very pleased with it!!! YMMV

(Just a data point, FWIW...) :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I love the Nav!!!!

I purchased the Pilot with Nav and I really think its worth it. I purchased a portable Samsung 10" DVD player, which is bigger than the Honda DVD player and now I can watch up front or even all the way in the back. I can also hook up my xbox to it. I bought on ebay for $600 but retail sell it for $1000. I am extremely happy with my purchase, I will be buying the exact same Honda Pilot with Nav (same color and same options if not more) again because my mother is taking mine. I am currently waiting for the 2004 models to come out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
kemosabe said:
tguy47: I went this route (no pun intended) -- I bought the RES (e.g., the DVD system) and then bought an aftermarket GPS NAV system, namely the Garmin StreetPilot III (for $633.00 online, with the $100 rebate). Very pleased with it!!! YMMV

(Just a data point, FWIW...) :)
I may used DVD for my kids everyday, I don't use Navi everyday so I get RES instead of Navi. I used my Laptop with Co-Pilot GPS cost for $389.00. I am sure many of us do have Laptop use it and you'll never regret getting a RES-Pilot.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've used the Navi quite a bit. It's really useful where you have coverage, but unfortunately that is rather limited. It covers the SF Bay Area including Monterey with street level detail, but I was in Stockton in the Central Valley last weekend trying to find a Circuit City, and was disappointed that it didn't have coverage. Fortunately I had my laptop with me with M$ Streets and Trips on it, and was able to look up the address and get the route information that I needed. Before you buy, you should check the coverage to make sure that the areas you need are included.

- shutrbug

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:) Im a map savvy and felt the RES was a better choice. Ten DVD's later everybody but me was able to watch the movies. plans to add a front seat DVD if there is one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts