Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Piloteers,

I found this bolt on the street in front of my driveway. 2005 Pilot LX. No guarantee it came from the Pilot but figured I would check if anyone recognizes it. I haven’t come across it over the years I have worked on it. No recent maintenance performed, and the last few times I performed maintenance all parts were accounted for.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
453 Posts
Definitely not a chassis bolt. Chassis bolts are all hex head with a finer thread. Almost looks like an assembly bolt from cheap furniture. The phillips head says "knock down quick assembly particle board". Probably fell off a passing truck.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks STMech. That’s the same response I got over at TacomaWorld. Makes me feel better that someone who has lots of experience with the Pilot chassis doesn’t think it came from there.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps I should plant a car looking bolt in my neighbor’s driveway. He works on his rig.🤣

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Just tell users it's a Toyota bolt

·
Registered
209 Posts
The long shank suggests something moves on that bolt, like a shock bolt would look. Obviously not a shock bolt cuz of Philips head, but I think something pivots on it. Probably not from your vehicle though.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses. I’m going with it didn’t come from the Pilot or Tacoma, and that someone who knew I would worry planted it in front of my driveway.😁

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Probably from one of those smart cars ...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
An interior bolt which screws into a plastic part for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts