Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was replacing all the bulbs on the front end with leds, I ran across his cooler when I had the bumper off. I took a picture and asked here if it was the power steering cooler but I don't think I ever got an answer. All the discussions lately have me thinking about installing an ATF cooler to extend the life of the transmission. I'm wondering if this isn't one already mounted on the car. Anyone know. It looks too big to be a ps cooler, but not a very big ATF cooler either. It's a 2012 EX-L 4WD that came with a trailer hitch but no wiring harness.

·
Registered
166 Posts
4WD Pilots came with the ATF cooler. FWD Pilots did not and had to have it added if the vehicle was going to be towing.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4WD Pilots came with the ATF cooler. FWD Pilots did not and had to have it added if the vehicle was going to be towing.
Thanks! And thanks, Slvr7 as well. From what I've subsequently read in related threads from links at the bottom of this one, is that all 2nd gen 4WD Pilots came with the tow package which includes the ATF cooler, the PS cooler and hitch, and no wiring harness. Correct?

Unfortunately, if there is a PS cooler on this 2nd gen 4WD Pilot, I can't find it. From the same thread I started 10 months ago that the ATF cooler image was pulled from, I also posted this image of what I thought might be the PS cooler. It's a tube running the full length of the radiator, but WITH NO FINS. ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts