Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think a few posts ago - someone posted about purchasing an after-market DVD and monitor. Has anyone had any luck getting one installed?

Fry's Electronics in So. Calif - has a Clarion 6.4" over head flip down LCD Screen with Blaupunkt DVD/MP3 player for $388. Installation is $249.

LCD Screen with Built in dome light, and TFT Active Matrix Color Display

Full Function Wirelss Infrared Remote
AC/DC Compatible

I was told that the DVD player would be played under the Driver's Power Seat.....hmmm kinda skeptical about that.

any tips?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I installed an aftermarket DVD. 7 inch screen, 3 wireless head sets, DVD installed under passenger seat (it plays everything, it even burns CD’s). Tray opens up between your feet. We have no problems using the unit. The picture is outstanding. Much better than the factory installed. IMHO.

The guy came out to my work and installed the unit within 2 hours. You might want to look at a 10 inch screen too. It was too big for my taste. Picture not as sharp as the 7 inch.

Get one, you want regret the purchase!!!:4:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pilot4me....

Do you mind sharing the name brand of the monitor and DVD player (even the model # if you know it)? Also how much for the unit, and installation charges? Lastly, do you have a picture that you can share?

Thanks......

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm not sure what the brand name is other than TRS AV-DX100 is on the front of the DVD. I found a picture of both the - DVD and Monitor.

DIN MOUNT DVD PLAYER ALSO PLAYS MP3'S
http://www.salesco.org/tvconsole/din_mount_dvd_player__also_plays.htm

DELUXE 7 INCH WIDE SCREEN OVER HEAD MONITOR
http://www.salesco.org/tvconsole/7_INCH_DELUXE_OVERHEAD.htm

I'm not sure what the price came out to be because I was getting the 10 inch DVD with VCR and local TV set-up. Opt for the 7 inch monitor and DVD instead. Traded the VCR and 10 inch monitor for bug deflector and side step (bars) installed.

The guy said he would put the same set-up in our 2002 CRV EX for $995.00. Which I think is about $200.00 off the retail.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info, Pilot4me.

Just talked to a friend who is a window-tinter. He used to work for a car stereo retailer. One of the installers hooked him up on a side job.....6.4" flip down monitor, 2 wireless headsets, PS2 (Playstation 2 - plays games and DVD's), a VCR, and another monitor on the front passenger's sunvisor....all for $800 - installed.

I checked it out myself today - it looks awesome.....I don't know if I'll need a VCR, or even a monitor on the visor - may save me another $200 or so.

I'm not a Playstation guy, but my passengers are....so that should help.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts