Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody has installed an inline transmission filter like magnefine in line filters or an equivalent? I'm just interested in prolonging the life of my transmission. My pilot does have a transmission cooler installed but from what I know the pilot does not have a serviceable filter, only the strain internally and the magnetic drain plug.

Just wondering if anybody who installed one has had any issues or thinks its a good idea to install one. Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all so I went ahead and installed a filter. I initially had a 5/16 Magnefine filter however it was too small, I ordered the 3/8” however since I already cut the line like an idiot, I wrapped some rubber on the nipples of the filter and was able to get a tight fit. I will change it out for the 3/8 once it comes in. I used the return line coming from the transmission cooler. Flow goes right to left, passenger to driverside. I did a quick crank and visualized the transmission squirt out the hose to be sure. I also wrapped some old radiator hose around the filter to insulate it from the metal to metal contact.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts