Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a hot wire to tap. Is any wire with a red stripe considered hot, or does it have to be solid red?

Thanks,
Kurt

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am planning on doing a Valentine One install soon and doing the same sort of thing. If I were you I'd goto radioshack and get yourself a multimeter. You will want a switched power source, of course unless you want your detector on all the time. Using the multimeter you'll fine the wire you want.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Any of the 12v outlets should serve as a good tap. All of them go on and off with the key. Sounds like exactly what you need for an accessory like a detector.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions

I ended up wrapping the hot lead around the right side 'prong' on a fuse that protects one of the electric windows from the passenger side fusebox. The detector is now activated via the ingnition. All systems go!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Here in Virginia, radar detectors are illegal. They aren't necessary in Northern Virginia, either. There's an "impeding the flow of traffic" law here. I'm certain that if you aren't exceeding the speed limit by at least 10 mph, you'll be ticketed for impeding the flow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here in OH a radar detector pays for itself in 48 hrs!

I hate having to pull my detector when traveling thru VA on the way to the beach. You can cruise at 70mph in VA without any hassle.

People need to remember that the radar signal goes both ways...cops can detect those with detectors too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts