Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot EXL AWD
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been using the HondaLink iOS app on my iPhone 6S just to check mileage and range. However, after the last 2 releases of an ‘update’ to the App, it now takes 10-15 minutes or longer to connect via Bluetooth to the headunit, plus, it seems that the headunit isn’t recording the updated info and sending it to my iPhone. If it does send info, it isn’t accurate or updated. Plus, the App dropped the location map of where the vehicle was last parked.

I’ve worked with the HondaLink tech support people, and nothing they had me do would work properly. Uninstalling the App, disconnecting the iPhone from headunit numerous times does not work.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, and you were able to resolve it, please advise. Unfortunately once the App has been updated, you can’t go back to an older version.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot EXL AWD
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The latest version from the App Store, 4.0.2. I should have included that in my initial post, sorry!

·
Registered
291 Posts
The latest version from the App Store, 4.0.2. I should have included that in my initial post, sorry!

That’s the same version I have and it connects almost instantly. In fact, I struggle with it when I am trying to open an app and it pops out to remind me I am inside the Pilot. It would connect via Bluetooth even if I fail to connect it using wire. I’m thinking the issue is with your phone. Try using another phone so you can isolate the culprit. Install the app on another phone and observe the connection.

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you have an Android phone it must now be Android 6 and above. This started with HondaLink v4.0.0.

Older phone users must now choose: to replace the phone, or forget about the useless app, or get rid of the Honda.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2019 and an iphone XS Max and I've had nothing but issues with bluetooth connectivity since the latest iOS update. I tried connecting to my work phone (a 6s also running 12.2) and it worked fine. Seems odd as bluetooth is bluetooth though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts