Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about ordering the cargo liner for the Pilot to keep the dog hair and muddy paws from wrecking the back area. We have an 80lb yellow lab that loves to go for rides, but sheds like a herd of alpacas. Plus, labs have the downy hair that gets in the fibers of fabric and is just about impossible to vacuum out.

I'm curious if it is well made, durable, keeps the hair and dirt contained, and worth the money.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Yes ... it is very well constructed and very durable ... well worth the investment ... a small price to pay for the preservation of your backend's interior.

PrG

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume it is made of vinyl, yes?

Also, it is slippery? I ask because I don't was the pooch sliding around with nothing for her nails to grip into.

If it is slick, I can just add a sheet of closed-cell foam and cut it to fit. We use it in the embroidery workshop and it's very 'grippy' (is that a word?) and forgiving on the joints, and cheap. Only $7 a linear foot.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Actually it is made of rubber and is coarse ... not slippery at all ....

PrG

·
Registered
509 Posts
PrG said:
Actually it is made of rubber and is coarse ... not slippery at all ....

PrG
Hey PrG, just curious. Do you have to affix some velcro pieces directly to the plastic on the vehicle? I thought I looked at the directions. Some of it appears to stick to the back of the liner and hold it in place on the carpet, but the ones that concerned me were the two long strips that look like they affix under the rear windows. If you don't have the liner in, is any of the velco unsightly, and does it match the interior plastic of the vehicle, or is it a standard color like black?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Velcro

SoapPlant,

I purchased the cargo liner and read the instructions after purchase. I too am concerned about the velcro pieces attaching directly to the plastic on the vehicle as this would look unsightly when you weren't using the liner. Haven't actually done the install but would like to hear from anyone that has actually installed the liner using the velcro . . . . . does it look really bad when you aren't using the liner?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I need to see the installation instructions for the cargo liner i am considering purchasing before end of month. (tims special) my silver ex is due sometime in sept thanks I still dont really get

·
Registered
395 Posts
Liner vs Tray

The liner is a stiff fabric and is attached by velcro pieces. There is no lip to catch dirt or dog hair, but a dog's nails will easily grip the liner.

The tray is hard rubber with a lip and a textured bottom. A dog may slip on this.

·
Registered
509 Posts
FSDO said:
I need to see the installation instructions for the cargo liner i am considering purchasing before end of month. (tims special) my silver ex is due sometime in sept thanks I still dont really get
Hey FSDO, here is a link to the installation instructions for the Cargo Liner:

http://www.handaaccessories.com/pilot/cargoliner.pdf

It looks pretty nice how the tabs stick into certain spots, and there is a pocket on the liner that fits over the cargo lid in the floor. The only thing that concerns me are the couple of pieces of velcro that would be visible when not installed.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: Liner vs Tray

Len said:
The liner is a stiff fabric and is attached by velcro pieces. There is no lip to catch dirt or dog hair, but a dog's nails will easily grip the liner.

The tray is hard rubber with a lip and a textured bottom. A dog may slip on this.
Just to add some visual reinforcement to Len's post. Here is a picture of the Cargo Liner. Notice the picture of the dog!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Picture of Cargo "Liner"

Oops, didn't realize that I couldn't attach a picture when quoting?!

Just to add some visual reinforcement to Len's post. Here is a picture of the Cargo Liner. Notice the dog!

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Picture of Cargo "Tray"

Just to add some visual reinforcement to Len's post. Here is a picture of the Cargo Tray.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Re: Picture of Cargo "Liner"

SoapPlant said:
Here is a picture of the Cargo Liner. Notice the dog!
I was trying to decide between the two and showed these pics to my wife. All she had to say was that she wanted that dog!
:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have both. The liner is far better for a dog because it covers the entire area and stretches over the top of the 2nd row. The mat only covers the floor, which means dog hair and dog paws & nails will get on the sides and 2nd row.

The velcro is not lovely, but it's not particularly unsightly.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pictures

jonnyk,

Do you have any pictures of this?

·
Registered
509 Posts
jonnyk said:
What color is the velcro? What color is your interior? It looks like the only visible velcro is at the base of the rear windows and the front of the rear fenderwells...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jonnyk said:
I have both. The liner is far better for a dog because it covers the entire area and stretches over the top of the 2nd row. The mat only covers the floor, which means dog hair and dog paws & nails will get on the sides and 2nd row.

That's what I thought, the liner looks like it creates a 'bathtub' of protection that helps keep both the floor as well as the sides clean and free from scratches.

Like someone previously said, it look from the picture that it is definitely made of fabric. Looks like it may be the same type of fabric that they use in inexpensive floor mats.

Is the fabric thick or thin?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: Re: Picture of Cargo "Liner"

Len said:

I was trying to decide between the two and showed these pics to my wife. All she had to say was that she wanted that dog!
:)
Funny, I think its the same dog that I saw in the Acura dealer's MDX accessory book! He must get around - BIG STAR!

·
Registered
184 Posts
The velcro strips are black, they don't look too bad but they are noticable. But I admit, the liner rocks. I have an Ody and the plastic around the cargo easily gets scratched, like the hatch. The liner even has that covered (pardon the pun). The only negative is you have to take it out to use the back seats. No problem with me as I don't plan on using the rears to often.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
norb said:
The only negative is you have to take it out to use the back seats. No problem with me as I don't plan on using the rears to often.
Is it pretty easy to take out when you need to?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts