Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have LoJack installed in their PILOT? I have it installed, but now I am having some problems (just recently). I'm taking it in Saturday to be looked at, but just wondering if anyone else is having problems?

Thx in advance.... :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I looked at LOJAC but didn't get it because I found it is only useful in certain limited areas of the country. Am I incorrect in this?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
WannaPilot said:
Does anyone have LoJack installed in their PILOT? I have it installed, but now I am having some problems (just recently). I'm taking it in Saturday to be looked at, but just wondering if anyone else is having problems?

Thx in advance.... :)
WannaPilot / GottaPilot --> I have LoJack installed on my Pilot. As far as I know, I have not encountered any problems with it. Since you didn't specify what kind of problem, I have nothing to go on -- perhaps I have the same snafu and don't even realize it... what exactly is wrong with your LoJack?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure why you would have problems with it as it remains dormant unless and until activated by the company, which they would only do if your Vehicle Identification Number (17 character VIN) was entered into the National Crime Information Computer (NCIC) by law enforcement. It (the LOJACK device) is off and is not doing anything until your car is reported stolen.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Problems?

I also have LOJACK on my Pilot. Hondas are among the most stolen cars, car theft is on the rise here in the Nation's Capital and local police use the system, so we considered it a must have item.

I'd also like to know, what kind of trouble are you having?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have Lojack with Early Warning system (since I'm really paranoid and think that everyone's after my Pilot ... Just kidding !)

Recently, the lojack people came and changed the Early warning unit because it seems some (or all ?) of the units had been randomly sending warning alerts ! It happened to me once before and if it was going to repeat, I though of calling Lojack and reporting the problem, but before that they came and changed the unit.

It's been a week now and I haven't had any problems with the unit so far !

·
Registered
138 Posts
baoloclamdong said:
4603pba said:
I looked at LOJAC but didn't get it because I found it is only useful in certain limited areas of the country. Am I incorrect in this? [/QUOTE
YOu're right,it's only useful in certain areas.
I believe it's about 20 states !

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Early Warning System LoJack.... the system will call you if the car is moved without your permission (ie. the car is running without the Lojack transmitter in the vehicle). Lojack originally called me to say that my system may not be working properly. Since then, it has got worse... almost every time I go out, I get a call from LoJack saying the car may have been moved without my permission. Lojack has 5 contact numbers for me (home, work, cell phone, etc..) and they call each one. It is getting to be a real hassle. I am taking it in on Saturday to be looked at, but for now, it is driving me crazy. :3:

·
Registered
138 Posts
WannaPilot said:
I have the Early Warning System LoJack.... the system will call you if the car is moved without your permission (ie. the car is running without the Lojack transmitter in the vehicle). Lojack originally called me to say that my system may not be working properly. Since then, it has got worse... almost every time I go out, I get a call from LoJack saying the car may have been moved without my permission. Lojack has 5 contact numbers for me (home, work, cell phone, etc..) and they call each one. It is getting to be a real hassle. I am taking it in on Saturday to be looked at, but for now, it is driving me crazy. :3:
I understand ... That can be very annoying !

After you get the unit replaced, can you test once and see if the unit is working fine ?

I had mine replaced last week and tested it out on Sat ... It seems even after I drove the pilot with the lojack keypass for about 20mins, I was continuing to get calls for sometime ! :3:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm getting installed on Monday...

Thanks, as always, to this board for alerting me to problems and concerns with the Pilot and accessories. I'm about to have all my stuff added on Monday (see below for the list). LOJACK is on the list.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fixed at last.....

I took my Pilot to the dealer today and spoke to the LoJack tech. He told me they had updated their software, becasue the previous version had some bugs.... they removed my old system, and replaced it with the newer version. Let's hope all is well.... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts