Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,483 Posts
I don't think this will allow you to use CarPlay. It will allow you to download other apps onto the headunit, but not CarPlay.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Elite
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think this will allow you to use CarPlay. It will allow you to download other apps onto the headunit, but not CarPlay.
True, I think that Carplay may be in the dongle but unable to be downloaded onto the head unit which is fine with me. As long as I have a way of having Carplay

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,483 Posts
True, I think that Carplay may be in the dongle but unable to be downloaded onto the head unit which is fine with me. As long as I have a way of having Carplay
That's not how it works. CarPlay software is installed in the headunit (except not yours because its 2016). The dongle just allows you to not have to plug your phone in to use it.

There are many threads of people who have 2016 Pilots who want CarPlay. The only way to do it is to swap headunits from a 2017 Pilot. It's relatively complicated and likely not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Elite
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's not how it works. CarPlay software is installed in the headunit (except not yours because its 2016). The dongle just allows you to not have to plug your phone in to use it.

There are many threads of people who have 2016 Pilots who want CarPlay. The only way to do it is to swap headunits from a 2017 Pilot. It's relatively complicated and likely not worth the hassle.
There's ways to get it on your 2016 head unit by using honda hack pro to download some APK file to your head unit to root it and then that allows you to run Carplay/Android Auto on your head unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts