Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently bought a 2006 Honda Pilot with 71,000 miles... Nothing on the Car Fax about having a Remanufactred Engine from LKQ put in it at 62,000 miles 2 yrs ago (9-2017).... Learned this by contacting last Honda shop in seeking to learn if the Timing Belt had been changed- answer NO.. but had a "REMAN ENGINE" put in (cost $3,700 ish)... can anyone tell me if these Engines get a New Timing belt , or just use what "looks good" when they "reman" them? Geneally speaking, as nothing can be totally trusted , unfortunately.

I did call LKQ and spoke to 2 different people, the 1st was a woman who spoke how the belts have no warranty & how parts get "machined" to specifications, but sometimes just cleaned up & put in....then spoke to a man an hour later, calling a different # said they get new belts .

Any thoughts or experiences with LKQ REMAN Engines , how long they may last ?.. Very dismayed to learn this ... but maybe I am worrying too much.. (I am the wife on here asking this question, by the way)... appreciate any replies, Thank you.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
803 Posts
No point in worrying until there's a reason to worry. The car is driving fine I assume. Even if the engine blows up next week, you're SOL with LKQ helping with any repairs. As people have told you on the other threads, plan to replace the timing belt and the other parts in the next few months, just in case. There really isn't anything else you can do. Enjoy the running driving car that you have now.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
The purchase and registration of the Pilot is complete. Drives and rides well but discovered it's had an engine transplant. Whats done is done. Keep up with the general maintenance and wax it a few times a year. Move on to the next issue as there always will be something more pressing like tires, brakes and filling the tank. Just enjoy the drive!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I would stop complaining about the engine when an engine is re-manufactured the bugger is stripped down to the block. Everything is either re-honed or replaced with new. Myself I have installed rebuilt engines i like dealing with Jegs for my engines over the years I had nothing but good quality parts from them. Normally an engine usually has a 5 year / 100k warranty on them. find out from the manufacture what kind of warranty your engine has. Cleaning up an engine and installing it from the junk yard can't really be considered re- manufactured . Like Jack and others stated it's instaleld now all you can do is enjoy what you have . Basically if the engine was re-done correctly that engine would technically have next to zero miles when installed.

Reactions: aggrex
1 - 4 of 4 Posts