Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Infamous425 said:
i think it would look very nice
I'm assuming you mean color-matching the grille to the overall paint color? I don't recall ever having seen it done. Plus, I'm wondering if any paint would adhere to the grille material. And also if smashed bugs would be more visible??? :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i think the paint would stick to the plastic as ive seen other cars have their grill painted to match body color. im sure bugs will be seen but it wouldnt be noticed much it would blend with the bumper.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I'd love to see this too, or see it chromed...Class her up a bit. The nose is really the only thing that mildly bothers me about the styling.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I believe I saw a black one. It caught my attention because I didn't notice the chrome "H" in the center of the grill and I then realized the grill was black not the standard gray. Since he was in oncoming traffic I didn't get a long look but what I saw looked nice.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
I'd love to see this too, or see it chromed...Class her up a bit. The nose is really the only thing that mildly bothers me about the styling.

ooh...that would be sweet....specially on the silvers...:2: :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
132 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
Yes. The chrome grill on the CRV looks a lot sharper than the Pilot!

Tat

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
tatng said:

Yes. The chrome grill on the CRV looks a lot sharper than the Pilot!

Tat
I know! Even the EX Civic gets a little chrome nose job,

Anyone know a chromer? My dad's a Harley shop owner, he must know someone...I'm going to look into it.
I'll let you know what info I find. Maybe he could chrome my door handles, and I could get chrome sidesteps...Okay, overdoing it maybe.

I think it would look good on any color but Sandstone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did a little bit of photoshop cut and paste and made some composite pictures of a pilot with a lexus grille and a CR-V grille. You can look at the pictures in this thread

Here:Grill comparison

I really like the look of a chrome grille. Maybe someone will offer an aftermarket one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts