Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am putting these on my 2018 Pilot Elite. The Back Country Touring H/T is an all-season, hybrid highway tire for light trucks, and SUVs. I can't wait to get the continentals off!

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
I am putting these on my 2018 Pilot Elite. The Back Country Touring H/T is an all-season, hybrid highway tire for light trucks, and SUVs. I can't wait to get the continentals off!
@Nail Grease - check out the price of this tire. $316 each.
And you thought Michelin tire prices were high.

·
Registered
300k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour Owner
13,542 Posts
@Nail Grease - check out the price of this tire. $316 each.
And you thought Michelin tire prices were high.
Ya, for a squishy touring tire with a 65k mile warranty. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Tire prices are up. My High Performance Sumitomo HTR AS P03 is $160 each now. I paid less than $400 for a set of P02s a couple of years ago.

Reactions: Highspeedbail

·
Registered
49 Posts
I want tires that are QUIET and ones that work decently in the winter. I have a set of observe 18" winter wheels and tires that I kept for my 2014 Pilot Ex-l Res that I traded for my 2018 Elite. I am also looking to add an air ride kit to my 2018 Elite as well to make the ride not so rough. Also with a Les Schwab account, I can make payments. Big O tires wants total payment upfront. Like I said earlier, I am after quiet tires with good grip, and they will be siped to run cooler as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I went to my dealer and looked at a 2022 Ridgeline Black Edition to see the wheels in person, then bought them on-line for $125 cheaper for each than the dealer was selling them. Now, just need a smooth squishy tire. Truck tire or car tire or does not matter. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just be sure to manage your expectations. I have a 2019 EX-L with 18's, and while the ride is generally decent, it doesn't exactly float over potholes. The days of floaty Detroit big-car ride and nautical handling are pretty much in the past...
In any car with low-profile tires, you will experience a harsher ride than with traditional tires and will feel all of the irregularities in the road surface. I am hoping to improve here.

·
Registered
300k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour Owner
13,542 Posts
I inflate my 51 max psi tires to 36 for stability. 32 is to squishy for me.

Reactions: nonickleft4me

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
6,075 Posts
This is what I use to make sure the tires are inflated to the pressure they should be for the vehicle they are going on.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
651 Posts
Ok, I went to my dealer and looked at a 2022 Ridgeline Black Edition to see the wheels in person, then bought them on-line for $125 cheaper for each than the dealer was selling them. Now, just need a smooth squishy tire. Truck tire or car tire or does not matter. Thank you!
Can you PM me the link?

How do those Firestones ride?I loved the LE2's.

Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
i'll never understand the tall rims and micro sidewalls so prevalent in the auto industry and in light trucks. More expensive,shitty ride and you must be very vigilant with the psi. I have 16's on my '05. Plenty stable and rides fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Almost thought about asking the dealer to swap to 20” for 18” when we bought our 19’ touring but the wife liked the look of the 20”…and here we are 30k miles later and agree they are rough riding tires. I am probably at 42-44 psi so will drop that, but likely gonna need new skins at the end of summer, hoping that can help improve the ride…

·
Registered
164 Posts
Almost thought about asking the dealer to swap to 20” for 18” when we bought our 19’ touring but the wife liked the look of the 20”…and here we are 30k miles later and agree they are rough riding tires. I am probably at 42-44 psi so will drop that, but likely gonna need new skins at the end of summer, hoping that can help improve the ride…
A while back I was looking at a touring accord and asked for 18s instead of 19s… i was told to look at the EXL which comes with 18s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Guys,

If you pulled the 20s off because the ride was too stiff and went with 18's to soften the ride, was it worth it?

Thank you!
I still run my 20’s in the summer but I have 18’s for the winter. The handling with the 20’s is much better. I run Michelin 20’s and I don’t find the ride rough. I increased the size of my tires from 245 R 50 to 265 R 50. Great handling and a bit higher sidewall. Hope this helps. Jim.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts