Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

anyone from oklahoma

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  okguy 
#1 ·
i accidentally stepped into this site which i think is a great one...
after going through this forum for the past 20 days i got registered just today, i am planning to buy the 04' pilot and i think i am at the right place for good suggestions.
is there anyone from Oklahoma, help me in getting to know about the local dealers and the deals.
thanks

#2 ·
I am, but I'm not shopping for a Pilot yet... I'm only in the drooling stage right now. :drool: There are a few of us Okies here.

#4 ·
Also an Okie. I tried to get mine at Fowler but they couldn't get any Pilots in stock. Got mine in January from McAlester at 2k below MSRP EXL-RES. Fowler was good to deal with, just could get a car.

The dealers in Tulsa are still very proud of their Hondas. Joe Marina was also pretty bad on Service. First thing they said was that I didn't buy it from them. Nice HONDA service. Funny, I never got a questionaire for that visit.

john

#5 ·
Back in November Fowler in Norman beat everyone hands-down with several Pilots in stock to choose from. I ended up paying $1400 below MSRP. Not sure what the market is now but in Lawton (where I live) there are no Pilots in stock. BTW, the Pilot has performed flawlessly over the past seven months....Best choice I ever made in a vehicle and the wife is real happy.....

#6 ·
We bought our Pilot just over one year ago from Steve Bailey in Bethany. It was one of the first four alloted to them. Paid sticker and too much for the extended warranty. Considering we have had no problems with the vehicle (leather, scrunch, etc) save the throttle cable bracket noise, I'd gladly do it again. Their service dept has been very friendly on the maintenance, but as with all dealership interaction, my trust is not 100%.

As of last Friday, he had 2 white EXL-RES, 1 Sandstone EXL, and a silver LX on his lot. They've been there about 2 weeks.

For you Element fans, he still has a few storm-damaged vehicles from the May 9 F3 tornado that destroyed the church 800 feet to the east of his lot. They don't look very damaged to me, but I haven't looked at them that close. I'm sure some of them had broken glass that has been replaced. Good deals maybe?

#7 ·
atleast i see someone from OK. on the forum...
i hope i get a good deal when i get mine, most of them suggested fowler in norman...will sure try that one
keep me posted when you guys know if anything is going on.....
thanks

P:S hi rogert i had posted another question : accessories...intallation
let me know....

#8 ·
Last time I bought a Honda it wasn't a Pilot, but was a CR-V that was, for some reason, hard to find at the time. I e-mailed every internet sales manager in OKC looking for price quotes, as well as working the phone and visiting in person. Most were asking for sticker. Eskridge's internet sales manager was the only one willing to go substantially below sticker, probably because he didn't have a single CR-V on the lot (but he didn't know I already knew that). But once I had his offer, I went to Steve Bailey, who had the model/color I wanted (the only one in the state, apparently!). They had asked for sticker earlier, but they were willing to beat Eskridge's offer. Just something to think about.

#9 ·
Fowler had the best price, although it took dozens of calls between Fowler and Eskridge. That's right, they called me to beat the price of each other. I had a ton of fun. 2250 below MSRP, no extended warranty, and 4.25% from Honda, better than my credit union!

Service has not been good at Fowler. Pilot was in the shop over two weeks to isolate a wind noise problem. They replaced the roof rack twice, put over a hundred miles on the vehicle, before finding the noise was from the passenger door seal.

I'll buy from Fowler again, but I won't let them service another vehicle!

#10 ·
OK

I got my Pilot LX for $25,119 at Bob Howard Honda in Edmond.
They also installed after market leather for $850. It is very good leather and I'm very happy with it. Total price out the door with other options was $26,600.

Leather $850
mud flaps $50
roof rack $203
tinted windows $119

Kevin

#13 ·
Bob Howard matches the price!

$3.00 for touch up paint
$30.00 for the mud guards
$146.25 alloy wheel ( replaced my convenience spare with a full-size )
$64.80 for the cargo tray
$99.60 for the cargo cover ( must have if you leave the 3rd row stowed and you don't want prying eyes in your cargo area )

Just call the service department and have them give you the regular price for the items over the phone. Every dealer in the metro Howard, Bailey, Eskridge, and Fowler told me they will match the price of handa ( handa is an actual Honda dealer )

#16 ·
okguy said:
do u or any of your friends have good experience in denison,tx
well i have friend who lives there i can sure get a quote at the local dealer too...might give a try
that is where my Pilot came from. It was when they first came out last year and I did pay sticker price in June 03. Theydid do a lot ofmwork to locate what I wanted when they were hard to get.
I think the tax may be higher in Texas however. Good luck.

#19 ·
thanks rogert you certainly did get it for a good deal
well let me know for how long did u shop around, if financed, who did it, and how much was the finance, the initial work up you did before u went to the dealer,choice of vehicle etc.... so i can try to get a good deal too. did u do any internet shop around for the price
i am waiting for the 04', by dec, and haven't started any work up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.