Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this recall on their 05 pilot? Apparently it is only that model year. This is the vehicle stability assist system. If so, what was the specific problem on your car? Did it fix the problem? I have been to 2 different Honda dealerships and they said it was fixed. On the drive home both times the light came back on the dashboard and the car braking system came on unexpectedly. Please tell me Honda can figure this out, I am loosing confidence in this car fast!

·
Premium Member
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,595 Posts
Welcome while my troll alert system kicks in when I see first post like this, It affected very few people, but for those it did, it appears real.
Having a recall doesn't mean you have the problem rather you may be affected by the problem based on Manufacturer and NHTSA research. Mine never exhibited ghost braking before, has had the recall done and has not had ghost braking since.
If recall has been done, then, there is a problem beyond the recall.
Consider escalating the problem with Honda. Contact details in your owners manual.

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/2-general-discussions/33463-braking-issue-recall-2.html

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/69-...host-braking-issue-recall-see-link-below.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trust me, it is real. Not only has it done it while I have been driving it....the dealership mechanic was driving it when it activated as well. They recalled a whole lot of 05 models and had a whole lot of owners describe the same symptons that I have witnessed. Again, my frustration is 2 times at different Honda dealerships and then only to experience it again. Has anyone else dealt with the VSA and had the mechanics pinpoint why their's was activating?????

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well they started with the yaw sensor, and that didn't correct the situation. Now they are looking back at who did the recall and say that that job was not done right. Say they have to replace the harness now. Hope this works as my wife is losing confidence in the car fast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE: Well it has been a week and the vsa system lights have not come back on the dashboard. Curious though, driving the Honda is a different experience from the Toyota's I have driven over the years. The Honda seams so sensitive on and off the gas pedal compared to other brands of cars. When driving the pilot, as soon as you take your foot off the gas, the car seems to pull back faster. The Toyotas seem to be smoother when pressing and depressing the gas pedal and going into coasting. Unless there is just something wrong with this car itself, it just drives differently from other awd's we own. Oh well, it appears as if the vsa system has finally been addressed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had it done on my 2005. I had no problems before I had it done.

A few months after it was done I started having problems. My VSA light would come on and stay on along with the "!" in the triangle while driving. My red brake light would also come on sometimes while driving and then it may or may not go back out while driving.

Several months later I drove to Las Vegas from Orange County. I stopped in Barstow for lunch and the rest of the trip to Las Vegas never had a light come on until I got back home (3 day trip). Then I started to get the same lights back on.

About a month ago, two months after Las Vegas trip, I put new brake pads on the front. The lights have not come back on.

I did also put a new battery in about a week after the new brake pads

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Never had a problem with mine and didn't receive a recall notice that I'm aware of.:(:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
UPDATE: Well it has been a week and the vsa system lights have not come back on the dashboard. Curious though, driving the Honda is a different experience from the Toyota's I have driven over the years. The Honda seams so sensitive on and off the gas pedal compared to other brands of cars. When driving the pilot, as soon as you take your foot off the gas, the car seems to pull back faster. The Toyotas seem to be smoother when pressing and depressing the gas pedal and going into coasting. Unless there is just something wrong with this car itself, it just drives differently from other awd's we own. Oh well, it appears as if the vsa system has finally been addressed.
We’ll what was it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts