Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a 16' or 17' Gen 3 made it to (or beyond) 100K miles with the OEM injectors? 150k?

We're getting ready to cross 50k and so far so good on our 17 Touring. But our 16 EX-L had to have the injectors replaced at 28k.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

Brad

·
Registered
172 Posts
Has anyone with a 16' or 17' Gen 3 made it to (or beyond) 100K miles with the OEM injectors? 150k?

We're getting ready to cross 50k and so far so good on our 17 Touring. But our 16 EX-L had to have the injectors replaced at 28k.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

Brad
Why did you trade your 16 for a 17? Just wondering...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why did you trade your 16 for a 17? Just wondering...
Just wanted some of the tech on the 17' Touring, RES, better audio, Apple CarPlay, stuff like that. Also, wanted the 20" wheels. Caught a year-end closeout on the 17' and got a great buy. Sold the 16' to a friend.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just wanted some of the tech on the 17' Touring, RES, better audio, Apple CarPlay, stuff like that. Also, wanted the 20" wheels. Caught a year-end closeout on the 17' and got a great buy. Sold the 16' to a friend.
At least you didn't have a whole bunch of issues with the 16. Hopefully your friend has no issues with the Pilot! I think the injector issue was mostly on the 2016 Pilots, but I've seen some people with 2017 Pilots who have bad injectors.

·
Registered
78 Posts
mostly on the 2016 Pilots, but I've seen some people with 2017 Pilots who have bad injectors.
Still going on in newer years, ridgelines, too.
Seems to be related to the GDI & the injectors being exposed to the compression?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts