Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2018 black on my 2016, I heard that theres new version of Android Auto that requires an update on the car not from the phone. Is this something we can do on our own or have get the update from the dealer?

Sent from Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
63 Posts
I have 2018 black on my 2016, I heard that theres new version of Android Auto that requires an update on the car not from the phone. Is this something we can do on our own or have get the update from the dealer?

Sent from Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk
I've been anxiously waiting for the new Android Auto version myself. I didn't know we might possibly have to get a software update on the vehicle side.

Does anybody have more info?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Note8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2019 EX-L w/o nav, but here's what I've found....
The Android Auto update (being pushed out in Summer 2019) isn't something that needs to be installed on the Pilot's head unit, as head unit's interface for AA is generated by projection from your devise (phone). So, the main thing to first check is that your version of AA is >= to ver4.5 in Google Play. If so, before connecting devise to Pilot, first launch AA on devise, click on Hamburger menu icon, then select Settings. At top of general settings, should now be option to "Try the New AA". Ensure toggle is set to "On". Then when connecting devise to your Pilot, the new AA interface should render on your head unit. Enjoy.

Reactions: mbnc and MariaCR

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can confirm the new Android Auto version works on my 2019 Elite. I didn't have the "Try the new AA" toggle on my phone a couple days ago, but it is there today.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just checked and I have the toggle option to try the new AA.

Will try it out once I'm off work today

·
Registered
846 Posts
This afternoon I found that my phone was now showing an update for the new version of Android Auto. I have a Samsung S6 running Android version 7. Updated the phone, connected to my vehicle and the new version of AA shows up. No need to update the radio itself.

Only problem is my USB cable I use to connect with has always been iffy. Have to play with it a lot before it will connect and stay connected. Any suggestions for a short USB cable that works well with AA?

·
Registered
63 Posts
This afternoon I found that my phone was now showing an update for the new version of Android Auto. I have a Samsung S6 running Android version 7. Updated the phone, connected to my vehicle and the new version of AA shows up. No need to update the radio itself.

Only problem is my USB cable I use to connect with has always been iffy. Have to play with it a lot before it will connect and stay connected. Any suggestions for a short USB cable that works well with AA?
I've always used Anker cables without a single problem. That or an original Samsung cable.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I also tried out the new AA after work and yup, works great. I like the update but haven't figured out how to get it to just show a normal screen with time... Like when you're not doing anything and it's just on stand-by if you will.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts