Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back a friend of mine talked me into starting a YouTube channel because he was also doing one. Both of our channels are mainly DIY channels, though mine is more automotive and small equipment oriented and his was dealing with home stuff along with photography. We were both basically just seeing how many views we would get and if we'd hit the threshold needed to monetize the accounts, etc...

Not long after, YouTube changed their policy and now requires 1000 subscribers in addition to the view and watch minute requirements, which basically made it a lot harder to get there. My friend got rid of his, but I figured I'd just keep mine and leave the videos up and maybe make some more, just not at the pace that I was. If I get there, great, if not, hopefully the videos are useful for people.

So, anyone else have their own channel? If so, post it up for us to see.

Here's mine.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs-...AMKJk168A6LuJg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. I found the term pilotcar confusing as first, then I read more into your channel, now it makes sense. :29:\

My channel is not about my Pilot either, but automotive and small equipment, so the Pilot will show up as I do different tasks. Repairs are few and far between on the Pilot, so I see it being mostly maintenance...oil change, VTM-4 fluid change, etc...

I also do some product reviews among other things.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bringing this back up, who has a channel, let's see 'em.

Here's the videos I have right now that are Pilot related.
Front Brakes

Oil Change

Cabin Filter

Nearly 50 videos in total, don't do a whole lot with the Pilot as it doesn't require repairs generally, so I just end up doing maintenance videos as I do various things. Will probably show a VTM-4 fluid change before much longer. Most of the other videos are garden tractor related, but some with my F-150 and then some product reviews as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to watch my videos. Please subscribe if you haven't already. There are several videos featuring Pilot maintenance and I will continue to add them as I do future work on mine. Thanks for watching!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A couple of my latest videos

YouTube
YouTube

Not sure why they no longer embed here...all of my previous videos in this thread are also not embedded. Why is that?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have my own YouTube channel but I don't do much with it. I would like to do more; but, I just don't have the time (nor really the equipment and experience with editing) to make it an actual worthwhile channel.

Here's a link if you want it:
YouTube

·
Registered
73 Posts
not much on mine, but one pilot related video. YouTube

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here's my YT channel; feel free to browse around and check out the videos.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice, what editing software do you use?
Thanks, currently using FCPX. Leaps and bounds compared to iMovie which is what I started with.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, currently using FCPX. Leaps and bounds compared to iMovie which is what I started with.

Yeah for sure, that looks really good. I may have to switch to that myself. I need to upgrade to a new computer first though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My channel's still going, coming up on the 1k subscriber mark soon hopefully, 932 as of today.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I also have a you tube channel Buts mainly for videos uploaded to show on these forums

1 - 20 of 20 Posts