Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a call comes in while I'm listening to the radio, I'd like for the ringer volume level not give me a heart attack.

Does the ringer have to come through at the volume level of the radio, or can this be turned down somehow...possibly on the phone itself?

·
Registered
694 Posts
You would need to specify car model year and trim level (EX, EXL etc)
From what I remember back when I had OEM audio on my 2013 EX, Audio system and phone calls had their separate volume levels. I.e. adjusting volume knob while phone is ringing affects volume of just the ringer. Or adjusting volume during a call adjusts the call voice level.
At least some volumes are also dependent on the volume levels set in your phone. Media (audio) definitely depends on phone. Not sure about the ringer volume.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My wife complained about loud ringer in her 2020 EX-L. I used the volume knob and adjusted it while the phone was ringing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wife complained about loud ringer in her 2020 EX-L. I used the volume knob and adjusted it while the phone was ringing.
Hmmm, okay, I'll try that.

Ours is a 2020 EX-L Navi (Canadian model).

It's VERY distracting to have a loud call come in when I'm listening to Metallica driving along the highway with the radio a bit on the loud side.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Instead of fiddling with the volume during an incoming call - which I think will reset the next time the vehicle is driven - I went into the Android sound settings and turned off Use Volume Keys For Media. After doing this, the volume keys bring up the Ringtone volume level. I've only been able to test with one incoming call so far, but I think it's having the desired effect.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Car volume levels do not reset - just like clock or radio presets - as long as battery is not disconnected. That 'Use Volume keys for Media' setting is a rather bad one to turn off. It locks your volume buttons to adjust ringtone only, and people tend to adjust the media volume a lot more often than ringtone level - as long as they ever use their phone to listen/watch stuff. Turning down the volume on the car audio while phone is ringing should work a whole lot better.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car volume levels do not reset - just like clock or radio presets - as long as battery is not disconnected. That 'Use Volume keys for Media' setting is a rather bad one to turn off. It locks your volume buttons to adjust ringtone only, and people tend to adjust the media volume a lot more often than ringtone level - as long as they ever use their phone to listen/watch stuff. Turning down the volume on the car audio while phone is ringing should work a whole lot better.
In my case, I don't use my phone for music so turning down the ringtone level is a good solution.

It seems that I did lower the ringer volume at least twice during highway drives but I still almost have a heart attack when a call comes in. I'll experiment with this a bit more but the volume buttons remains my go-to solution since it worked right away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts