Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Some of you may have already watched this, but it is a good view and review of the Elite interior and exterior. This model has the gray interior. After seeing the EX-L today, I think the trims do have pretty much the same dash and interior materials based on this video. The reviewer really likes the Pilot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUo4xrPtObw
Just saw that review today.

I find it interesting that a lot of people compare the Pilot to the MDX (rightfully so, of course) but its hard to figure out exactly where the Pilot might be the better choice and where the MDX might be the better choice.

Really anxious to see one in person now, even if its not the upper trim level.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I hope no one thinks I'm bashing the Pilot because that is not my intention at all. It is a great vehicle.

I will sit down and do a thorough side-by-side comparison as to what is most-suited to my needs. I haven't really looked as closely at the Highlander specs because my mind was laser-focused on the Pilot. I'm not in a big hurry so back to the drawing board for a bit.

Edited to add: About the CMBS, the Highlander Limited has that but it is called PCS (Pre-Collision System).
I also want to clarify that I'm not bashing the Highlander, it's actually on my list, as well. However, if I had to buy now, I'd have to pick the Pilot over the Highlander. Also, the PCS on the Highlander is almost like the CMBS. The one difference, and it's a bit of a biggie, is that it only slows down the vehicle to about 38mph to minimize the impact of the crash, but it will not completely stop the vehicle like the system on the Pilot. I hear that Toyota will implement a system similar to the Pilot's in a year's time. So, maybe just in time for the Highlander Mid-model change, but maybe too late for a few potential Pilot buyers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The plastics definitely look less clickity-clackity than my '04 Pilot, that's for sure. But wow that gray interior is light! That + kids = nope.

And yes I've said it before, but those fold down armrests look stupid and probably feel stupid too. :(

·
Registered
235 Posts
Anyone get pics of the black interior yet? That's the color in most interested in because the grey is too light colored for me.
Honda black is in reality most other manufacturers gray. They really need to darken the "black." I love the Toyota black in my Highlander.

·
Super Moderator
15,157 Posts
Dealers are moving them on to their front lots now. Stopped by one dealer with two EX plus one EXL with Honda sensing.
Appearance is far classier than any previous pilot. Seats more comfortable than my worn out 05 seats. Little touches of aluminum abound. Loving the abundance of USB etc ports.
Seat back of second and I think third row have a hairy felt like material. True rubber mat is needed when folded down.

As for the armrest , only experience will tell. A Dodge Caravan rental had them last year. Looked small and thin but I gave them a thumbs up.

I never liked the second gen. I'd like to spend more time with the third. The ultimate question of whether I'll buy or not depends on my changing needs. One kid to shuttle to and from College and a second not far behind.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Funny thing is that we were looking at the '16 MDX and it was almost impossible to find a Lunar Silver Advance with the grey interior.

On the new Pilot its basically the only interior you can get with Lunar Silver!

·
Registered
235 Posts
It seems Honda is "driving" customers to the higher end models to get the "black" interior. Does black cost more to manufacturer or are they still using the gray and beige stock they purchased in bulk 20 years ago?

Poor marketing if you ask me. I think many more people prefer black over beige or gray.

·
Registered
9 Posts
'16 MDX Ebony Interior For Comparison

Anyone get pics of the black interior yet? That's the color in most interested in because the grey is too light colored for me.
If it's anything like the '16 MDX ebony interior, it's not black. The only explanation I have for the so-called "black" interior is that it looks like a discolored black damaged by UV.

I attached an Acura MDX ebony interior for comparison.

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts