Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Any recent (Aug, Sept) Norcal buying experiences

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  bigdelta 
#1 ·
The best deal I have been able to come up with lately is ~$1400 over MSRP for EX and ~$1500 over MSRP for EX-L. This is with a 2-4 week wait for both.

Any other experiences?

:20:

#2 ·
bigdelta: Have you tried Merced Honda ?

What color and model are you looking for ? I might have a local dealer here in the Bay Area who might have a couple on their lot. Let me know and I can hook you up with him.

pm me if you like.

bigdelta said:
The best deal I have been able to come up with lately is ~$1400 over MSRP for EX and ~$1500 over MSRP for EX-L. This is with a 2-4 week wait for both.

Any other experiences?

:20:

#3 ·
I bought 08/01 at Oakland Honda EX-L for $1k over MSRP, no
options, no wait. Color I wanted came in at 3:00p, I bought it
at 4:00p.

San Leandro Honda was also at $1k over MSRP for EX-L NAVI.

Dublin Honda $2k over.

Somewhere else on the board I read someone got one for $500 over at Oakland Honda. I offered $1k over, take it or leave it and we had a deal in 10 minutes. Talk to Samson.

#5 ·
We purchased a no frills silver "LX" for about $650 over MSRP. I'm adding the options as time, need, and money is available. The sales manager wanted $2500 over MSRP and showed me his list of people on the waiting list. I replied back to him why should I give him $2500 for nothing and if the Pilot is so hot, why is that LX still on the lot? He had no comeback to that and the talking head (ie, the salesman) took over the transaction.

When it was all done, they agreed to put $3000 of the down payment on the wife's frequent flyer credit card (need those miles!) and we drove off into the night with the Pilot. Haven't regretted it one minute. Great vehicle.

BTW, the dealer was El Cerrito Honda. Gavin Brooks was the salesman.

#6 ·
Thanks to all who replied

I did check with merced honda and was told that they had a 2-5 month wait on Pilots depending on trim and color.

I also found that San Leandro Honda had some good prices too (~1K over MSRP).

I decided to go with Selma honda in the central valley. They will have exactly what I wanted, white EX-L with no DIO's for $500 over MSRP in about 2 weeks. That geal was good enough for me. So that is what I went with. I have some friends in Bakersfield that I will probably go see on that same trip.

I appreciate all responses.
THANK You

p.s. has anyone bought anything from H and A accesories in Sacramento?

#7 ·
Bought White EX-L MSRP + $500 at Anderson Honda in Palo Alto

The guys from Anderson called me on Friday and matched the deal from Selma Honda. I got exactly what I wanted and was able to get it locally.

I am a very happy man.

Bigdelta

#9 ·
I was happy with that price

I know that I could have paid les for my Pilot but it was worth it to me to be done. I would say that if a H. blue EX-L is the vehicle that you want than go for it. Could you find a better deal somewhere else? Probably, but this is going to take more of your time looking for it and may involve a longer wait to take delivery. It is all a matter of what your time is worth to you and how much you enjoy wheelin' and dealin' with salemen. I feel that I got lucky, I was able to get exactly what I wanted with only 1 real day of searching and a weeks wait. 2 points of advice. 1) don't settle for a color or options that you don't want. The Pilot you want is out there, they are more availible than the dealers want you to think. 2) NO non refundable deposits. Even when you are sure that it is the car that you want. You never know what is going to happen. They should be able to sell every Pilot that comes through their door, it is not like you are special ordering it.

Good luck with your purchase. I love mine :7: :10:

Dave

#10 ·
Nor Cal Purchase

I got my SS EXL-RES for 1500 over MSRP at Stevens Creek Honda in San Jose. There was a 2 week wait. They wanted 2000 over MSRP but they met the online deal that Anderson Direct provided us as a counter offer.

I had a dealer in Walnut Creek that wanted 2500 over and she said "with high end cars like BMW and Mercedes, the dealers often can charge extra due to demand." When I told her it was a Honda she had no reply....

Excelent buying experience provide by Salesperson Tai Kai.

They still have a waiting list for new buyers.:D

#11 ·
nor cal dealers

I shopped the last week of July. I got a list form Walnut Creek Honda of all the dealers in the state that had my intended model & color. There were only 3 & they were all in So Cal. I called the one closest to an airport. They paid for 2 tickets for us to fly down. I bought it for MSRP. They'd added most of the options I'd planned on getting & ended up not charging for the couple of things I didn't want. This was Honda of Corona. I talked to them on Wed. & picked it up on Friday, Aug 2. I'm VERY happy with it!:2:

#12 ·
I got the delivery of my Silver EX-L without any options at MSRP from Selma Honda. This is a dealer in the town of Selma, near fresno. My buying experience was excellent esp after the arrogant behaviour of some of the dealers in the bay area (I must have connected with atleast 20 dealers in this area). The best price that i had in the bay area was from Seaside Honda at MSRP + 500.

I recommend Selma Honda for its quality services and no haggle sales guys. My sales manager was Rudy.

#13 ·
Selma Honda

Great to hear about Selma honda. My experience was also great with these folks. I ended up detting one locally but I would have gone to Selma if the timing had not worked out better with Anderson. I am sure that you will enjoy your Pilot, I sure do.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.