1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Damn..they do look good

·
Registered
480 Posts
Is it lowered or is it the step bars that give it the illusion it's lowered since it's technically closer to the ground ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
480 Posts
It doesnt have the "Nasty Wheel Gap"

from my Note 9
Interesting. So how would one lower their Pilot, and by how much (what is the "optimal" distance)? I would have to have this done at some specialty shop or order some kind of kit, right? I can't see a Honda dealer doing this without voiding warranty etc

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. So how would one lower their Pilot, and by how much (what is the "optimal" distance)? I would have to have this done at some specialty shop or order some kind of kit, right? I can't see a Honda dealer doing this without voiding warranty etc
This was my previous Audi. At least for my Audi it looks and handles amazing since I took it to track and dragged it at least once a year but for our Pilot it's mainly for looks and not much of an handling with that much of an drop. Its either coilover kit or lowering spring, I believe there's another member who lowered 1" by using a lowering spring on their Pilot.

from my Note 9

·
Registered
480 Posts
So then it's the running boards that give it the illusion that it's closer to the ground or lowered ? Also which ones did he install in that photo? OEM black or the new OEM diecast?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pic from the OP is stock suspension, I'm pretty sure. My wife's Pilot is stock and has the same gap. Here is his pic of the car at one week old...
https://www.piloteers.org/forums/attachments/gallery/94545d1475023975-2016-elite-black-alloy-wheels-running-boards-unnamed.jpg
At least first pix looks lowered on spring but second pix looks normal but either way black on black looks very aggressive. I ordered my stock 20" so hopefully I'll get it installed sometime next week.

from my Note 9

1 - 11 of 11 Posts