Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S

I haven’t noticed it before and started getting a check emissions warning and a VSA light came on. Putting a code reader on the car shows. P0301 error Misfire in cylinder 1. Not sure this spray is related to that, but I don’t recall ever seeing it there.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Anyone driven through a really deep puddle recently? Looks to me like the accessory belt picked flung the fluid there based on the location and how there's a clean part in the middle that's the width of the belt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone driven through a really deep puddle recently? Looks to me like the accessory belt picked flung the fluid there based on the location and how there's a clean part in the middle that's the width of the belt.
I like that answer. Not a deep puddle, but drove all day Sunday in a huge rainstorm. Definitely hit a lot of standing water. Wouldn’t of thought it splashed that high, but hitting a belt and being spun up makes sense. Cleaning it off definitely felt like it was common dirt.

·
Registered
9,378 Posts
Is the plastic under cover missing on your vehicle? The plastic cover helps prevent water/mud from getting on the serpentine belt.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Watson, I think you have it!

·
Registered
2007 Pilot EXL, 2012 Civic LX, 2007 VTX1300C
204 Posts
like how it looks like 2 perfectly parallel lines going straight front to back line the serpentine belt.

definitely picked up something in that rainstorm. make sure all your splash guards and shields are still in place and slow down before hitting standing water next time :whistle:

·
Registered
9,378 Posts
I'm beginning to think we may never know the whole truth, but I guess there's always a chance that it was a muddy river crossing.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Ever see that big splash to the side of the car?......the other half of that big splash goes under the hood, times 2.

·
Registered
9,378 Posts
Reactions: aggrex
1 - 10 of 10 Posts