Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there~ I'm a Long Islander searching for a good deal on a Pilot. From reading the posts, I haven't seen many NY'ers posting... I was wondering if any of you out there are from Long Island, did you have any luck getting a good price in this neck of the woods? So far the best I've been able to scope out is $500 below sticker, which doesn't seem to be too bad, but I would love to do better if possible..... Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi,
If your willing to goto NJ I can give you the info for the dealership where I got my pilot. I'm sure they will work with you.

Let me know.

John

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I visited three Honda dealers on Long Island before I bought from Babylon Honda in April (mainly because it's closest to where I live). They were all selling at sticker and giving me the same story - that I'm lucky they're not charging $1000 above sticker. I would think you could do better by now but not a lot better. $500 off sounds typical. At the time, every Pilot that came into a dealer was already spoken for before it arrived. I waited about two weeks for them to get the one I wanted (from a dealer in Danbury, CT).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live on Long Island and went to the Long Island dealerships and they wanted way too much. I decided to order my Silver Ex from an Ohio dealer. I paid 750 over invoice plus $300 to ship tp within 2 miles of my home. Plus I received my Ex within 1 week of signing the paperwork.

There is a ton of info re: out of state purchases on the Edmunds.com webboard, what did you pay?

Check it out. I figured I saved $2,000 this way and received my Ex in a week, rather than the 3 months all the NY delaers told me to wait.

·
Registered
115 Posts
laso82 said:
Hi there~ I'm a Long Islander searching for a good deal on a Pilot. From reading the posts, I haven't seen many NY'ers posting... I was wondering if any of you out there are from Long Island, did you have any luck getting a good price in this neck of the woods? So far the best I've been able to scope out is $500 below sticker, which doesn't seem to be too bad, but I would love to do better if possible..... Thanks!
We purchased Red Pilot EX from Huntington Honda in March. Paid list, but got major improvement on trade over all others. At that time people were waiting for vehicles on a catch as catch can basis. Best Alternate was PS Honda on Northern Blvd, who was talking about $200-500 off list, but nominal trade.

Huntington was fine on the transaction, but right now, we just had what we see as a stress fracture of our windshield (see other thread- in "problems")- but Huntington Honda will not honor warranty as they claim a rock must have hit it ( no sign of a rock impact that we can see.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Huntington Honda

I had a very bad problem with them. When looking, I called and asked if they had pilot for test drive, they said yes. So my wife and I went there to test drive and got the run around. Salesmen went outside, said car was not there and said sorry and went back into the dealership. No, let me look for it, no nothing.

We left and decided never to go back again. Guess he thought we both were young (we are 28) and had no money (shes a doctor, I am lawyer). Anyway, even though they are the closest to me, never will get any of my business.

Good day Sir.!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Re: Huntington Honda

stevelaura33 said:
I had a very bad problem with them.
That's because car salespersons are socially challenged misfits raised by wolves. It's what makes, what should be, an enjoyable experience so distasteful. :16:

It's also quite random. We went to Huntington Honda on a very busy Sunday and they were stretched so thin, the HMFIC just handed me the keys to the Pilot and a magnetic license plate. He only pleaded that I bring it back!! He didn't send a salesperson to baby sit or even ask for my license. Go figure. But they weren't willing to deal at all and didn't care if we walked out (which we did).

·
Registered
194 Posts
I bought my Pilot from Paragon Honda in Queens. They where the only dealer that had the car I wanted and willing to negotiate under sticker. There was allot of back and forth with the manager and it feels like a meat market in the showroom (they ring a cow bell when you buy a car), but at the end of the day I got the car I wanted at $1000 under sticker. Every dealer I spoke with was not willing to go under sticker or did not have the color and model I was looking for.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brian~ Thanks for the info on Paragon Honda. I just spoke to the Sales Mgr there, and he is willing to sell me the car I want for $1,000 off MSRP..... I know that doesn't beat the $250 above invoice price I got from an Ohio dealership, but it's a compromise.... :5:

·
Registered
194 Posts
good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brian said:
I bought my Pilot from Paragon Honda in Queens. They where the only dealer that had the car I wanted and willing to negotiate under sticker. There was allot of back and forth with the manager and it feels like a meat market in the showroom (they ring a cow bell when you buy a car), but at the end of the day I got the car I wanted at $1000 under sticker. Every dealer I spoke with was not willing to go under sticker or did not have the color and model I was looking for.
Ughhhh! Why do I always run into a problem??? I had spoken to the Sales Mgr at Paragon and he told me he'd sell me a car for $1,000 under sticker. We made the trip in today, got the deal, signed on the dotted line and they rang the bell for us too! This was all great till I got home just now and looked over my receipt. It seems they are charging me an extra $460 dest charge. It must be already figured into the sale price of the car which is not broken down listing the extras, etc, and then they added on $460, so it appears that they are charging me twice! Now what???? :3:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just wanted to add that the $460 overcharge was taken care of with a few back and forth phone calls yesterday... I'll breath a sigh of relief when I receive my adjusted invoice. I wonder how many people are unknowingly overcharged, or if this was just a fluke??? In the end I feel like I'm getting a fair deal, and can't wait to get my new car!!!! :2:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
laso82 said:
Just wanted to add that the $460 overcharge was taken care of with a few back and forth phone calls yesterday... I'll breath a sigh of relief when I receive my adjusted invoice. I wonder how many people are unknowingly overcharged, or if this was just a fluke??? In the end I feel like I'm getting a fair deal, and can't wait to get my new car!!!! :2:
When I bought my first new car a 1984 Toyota Celica I did a lot of research and covered all the bases.... ( I know you will find that hard to believe )... anyway, one of the last thing I did was go to the bank to see if I was getting the right payment from the dealer financing (this was before I knew how to do the calculation myself) The guy at the bank told me they were overcharging me by about $125 per month! I called my saleswoman and she went and checked and came back and said they'd adjust the payment to what it was supposed to be. If I hadn't have went to the bank... wel $125 x 12 x either 3 or 4 years... big difference.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's time to retire my 1992 Honda Accord EX with 198,000 miles that I bought in November of 1991 with 8 miles on the odometer.
Maybe not yet..... the Pilot we just ordered is replacing our '94 Ford Taurus Wagon that has 214,000 miles on it, and still going strong.... (for today anyway! LOL) :4:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
laso82 said:

Maybe not yet..... the Pilot we just ordered is replacing our '94 Ford Taurus Wagon that has 212,000 miles on it, and still going strong.... (for today anyway! LOL) :4:
Gee laso82 that makes two people in the last couple of the days that have implied it might be a good idea for me to hold off on my purchase. :) I'm much more used to the "When are you gonna actually buy one?!" folks. :2:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
florida_guy said:

Gee laso82 that makes two people in the last couple of the days that have implied it might be a good idea for me to hold off on my purchase. :) I'm much more used to the "When are you gonna actually buy one?!" folks. :2:
Actually, Florida Guy, I was just kidding! lol Get out there and place your order.... You never know if that car of yours is gonna start up tomorrow morning even though it might run like a charm! Cars don't last forever! (This is what I've been telling my husband for the last few months anyway, and I think finally he saw the light! lol) :5:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great deal!

Brian said:

Wow, you got a great deal. I contacted Paragon Honda a few weeks ago, before seeing your append, and they were unwilling to negotiate below MSRP for a EX-L with RES. I ended up getting a Red Rock Pearl EX-L with RES for $600 under MSRP from Brewster Honda instead.

I concur, very few dealers I contacted were willing to negotiate under sticker in NY. Only Brewster Honda was able to locate a red Pilot for me (they swapped with another dealer I had somehow missed - Tarrytown, NY)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am having a huge problem, so here is a word to the wise..... I posted about this in the thread about financing rates as well. We signed and gave a $1000 deposit to Paragon Honda in Queens NY on Fri. Last nite, their finance guy called and told us we had great credit, and are "super preferred"! Yay! What a bunch of BS. Apparently super preferred gets us a great rate of 5.74% and this will come down to 3.74% as long as we sign up for the extended warranty Honda Care... Can you believe this BS? I even checked with the sales Mgr before going down to the dealership about the rate, and he said if we had good credit it would be in the 3's. I left a msg last nite that I'm not interested in the ext warranty, and I'm not paying 5.74, so if that's the only option....just cancel my order! I am so disgusted..... Anyone else encounter anything like this? What a way to do business!!! :3:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My Pilot is in! Picking it up on Sunday......Wish me luck!!!! :jump3:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts