Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really miss heated mirrors. Does anybody have any suggestions on how we can have them installed? I know the Canadian Pilots have them. I wonder if there is a conversion kit or something available.

I still can't believe a $31k automobile doesn't have them standard. I know Honda has to differentiate the MDX from the Pilot somehow, but imho heated mirrors are essential in the northeast.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Heated Mirrors

I've read on other threads that Canadian PILOTs have heated mirrors, which begs the question - DOES IT NOT FREEZE IN THE U.S. TOO??????

I've asked before if the heated mirrors are an option that can be purchased and haven't heard back from anyone.

They'd be handy here in Colorado.

Does anyone know????

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX

·
Registered
241 Posts
This could help

Maybe in a few years they may add some options. Unfortunately I don't think the harness is in the car to attach them yourself. Not to mention relays, possible larger alternator, switches.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
This reminds me about a conspiracy

The auto industry tend to put less feature in a brand new car as possible. They have to put some in it to keep it attractive, while planing to put more in the years to come. So, for those who really love this car and bought it at this time, they will come back and replace theirs to the new one that has everything people wanted three years ago. That will maximize the profit from a single buyer. I traced the MB ML for a long time and it seems to me the Honda is playing the same game that MB played on their ML-320.

·
Registered
144 Posts
So, for those who really love this car and bought it at this time, they will come back and replace theirs to the new one that has everything people wanted three years ago.
I don't get it. Are people going to go out and buy a new Pilot just to get heated mirrors, heated seats and a sunroof? I'd like all these things, but I'm not going to go out and buy a new car just because it has these things. I'm just going to be angry at Honda for differentiating between us and the canucks.

Evergreen

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not everybody will feel the same

3 years later, your car is still good and has a good re-sell value. Most of all, you almost paid off the loan. At the same time, a new generation (or face-lift) comes along and you only need to spend about $100~$200 a month to drive the new one, will you be attracted? Well, at least I am, psychologically.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Re: Heated Mirrors

PILOTinginCO said:
I've read on other threads that Canadian PILOTs have heated mirrors, which begs the question - DOES IT NOT FREEZE IN THE U.S. TOO??????

I've asked before if the heated mirrors are an option that can be purchased and haven't heard back from anyone.

They'd be handy here in Colorado.

Does anyone know????

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
No, it does not freeze in the U.S. Everyone knows the entire country is one big banana belt from one end to the other, north and south, median temperature of 80 degrees fahrenheit, and every day a sunny one. Canada on the other hand has eleven months of winter and one month of bad skiing which we call summer, and a median temperature of 32 degrees fahrenheit. That's why we got the heated seats and mirrors. :2:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Heated Mirror

:D Please post info here if you have any information regarding how to obtain or purchase any heated mirror the Pilot.

Thank you,

SS EX-L RES #35211

·
Registered
335 Posts
All the American Pilot owners, who want the heaterd mirrors/seats, should write Honda and tell them:

Honda Automobile Customer Service
Mail Stop 500-2N-7A
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

I am
Joe

PS Does anyone have the mailing address for the President of Honda America?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Wait, I get it;

We on this board are smarter than the management at Honda (who happen to be one of the most profitable car companies today).

Just think how much smarter we are than the managment at Ford, Chrysler, or GM!!!

:2: :2: :2: :2:

OK, OK, I will get off my soapbox.

·
Registered
388 Posts
sounds like antoher high priced option accesories for them:rolleyes: like the cross bars commmmon Just got back from our first snow drive and couldnt see sh*t in the mirrors!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Oh Canada

I live about 10 minutes from the Canadian border and the lower British Columbia Honda dealers. If some of our more electronically inclined could figure out how to install them, maybe we could create a mirror smuggling operation.:cool:

·
Registered
335 Posts
The day Honda starts making automobiles the way they want and NOT the way their customers want...that's when they've become Ford, Chrysler, or GM!

;)

Joe

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Get the service manual

Change the glass per the instructions for a Canadian vehical.
Put the old connector on the new wires.
Break out the heater leads and get them 12V however you like.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Re: Get the service manual

N_Jay said:
Change the glass per the instructions for a Canadian vehical.
Put the old connector on the new wires.
Break out the heater leads and get them 12V however you like.
My guess is it would be even easier than that. I doubt they make seperate wiring harnesses for the US and Canadian models so I would expect all the wires to be there. If someone has a wiring diagram for the Pilot they could verify this. If the wires are there then it is nothing more than changing the glass and adding the switch.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Not sure about pilot

But the CR-V does have different wiring to the mirrors.
The whole car harness is not that different. But the sub harnesses are wereever there is a significant change e.g. DRLs, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts