Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Decided to purchase a 2017 EX-L canada, sadly didn't like touring transmission gear switching. Didn't see anything wrong, just my personal (conservative ?) preference.

Anyways, the feature that I will miss the most is the memory seats, as both my wife and myself will be driving it, and we are of different size, so will be adjusting the driver seat each time ?‍♂

So, I've got a question for smart and DIY folks here - how could I swap the inside door handle for touring's version with buttons and connect the wires to?? So the drivers seat position buttons can work directly with the seat?

Any ideas and thoughts are highly appreciated!

Kirill

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not going to happen. Completely different wiring harness and controllers.

·
Registered
424 Posts
? 100% sure?
Yep. Seat memory is also tied in to the mirror controller, seat controller, and the FOB's are also involved which means security system MICU replacement. You just adding buttons assemble to the door is like converting a 2WD Pilot into a AWD Pilot by just attaching AWD label to the lift gate. Sorry.

Your better off trading for a Touring and live with the things you don't like.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. Seat memory is also tied in to the mirror controller, seat controller, and the FOB's are also involved which means security system MICU replacement. You just adding buttons assemble to the door is like converting a 2WD Pilot into a AWD Pilot by just attaching AWD label to the lift gate. Sorry.

Your better off trading for a Touring and live with the things you don't like.
Damn it =) touring doesn't work for other reasons, so not an option.

And what does MICU replacement entail? Sounds grand, but curious to understand the complexity better and you seem to know sh*t =) would be great if you could shed more light on it. Thanks in advance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts