Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Happy new year to everyone!

I am seriously considering buying a 2017 EX-L (Canada). Touring doesn't work as I need full bench on the second row, captain chairs don't work for me, and sadly in Canada all tourings have captain chairs. Anyways... On EX-L there is no driver memory seat buttons to save positions for 2 drivers. However, there could be 2 FOBs and the panel shows the driver number, so the system seems to recognize if it's a FOB 1 or FOB 2. So, I got curious if it's possible to somehow save the seat positions and "assign" them to a particular FOB.

Question - is it possible?

Another question (for those who can hack stuff =) - what if I ordered the memory seat buttons that go into the door on Touring models, and install it, there must be some wiring going from these buttons in the door to the seat (or somewhere else?). How could I DIY install these buttons so they work and recognize each driver's saved seat positions? Sounds hacky and a bit crazy =) but very interested to hear your thoughts and maybe somebody already did it?

Thanks in advance!
Kirill

·
Registered
447 Posts
You can't. EX-L and Touring have completely different wiring harness. You would need a seat controller box, mirror controller box, all tied into the security system MICU controller box which controls the fobs.

It would be easier to just get a Touring, rip out the captain chairs, and swap in bench seat.

Reactions: Aviator6

·
Registered
705 Posts
You can't. EX-L and Touring have completely different wiring harness. You would need a seat controller box, mirror controller box, all tied into the security system MICU controller box which controls the fobs.

It would be easier to just get a Touring, rip out the captain chairs, and swap in bench seat.
If it weren't for the stupid roof mounted belt, that would be super easy!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was one of the worst bummers in the last few years. I read the first message, and I was like "YAS! Will do exactly that! Genius idea!", and then I read the next message and was like "Goddamit!" =)) Thanks guys for the input though! Appreciate the super fast response!

·
Registered
17 Posts
When shopping (in Canada) we had the choice between 7 and 8 passenger Touring. So, 2nd bench is available in the 8 passenger flavour.

·
Registered
222 Posts
For whatever it's worth, I think that memory seats are now standard in the 2019 EX-L in USA.

We have a 2017 and I wish we had them. Not trading the car in just to get memory seats though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When shopping (in Canada) we had the choice between 7 and 8 passenger Touring. So, 2nd bench is available in the 8 passenger flavour.
which year is it? For 2016-2017, all touring trims I've seen have captain chairs, and the honda's trim full spec comparison shows that touring comes only with captain chairs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Memory seats are standard on the '19 EX-L and I assume the '20 EX-L in Canada. I had a '17 EX-L and didn't have it, but now have it on my '19 EX-L.

·
Registered
705 Posts
For what it's worth I'm really annoyed with manufacturers only offering captains chairs on top line trim. I wasn't willing to spend the extra $5000 to get memory seats only to lose the bench that I really needed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There are many little differences between the same models in the USA versus the Canadian version. I have come across a few, so one cannot assume they are identical.

Memory seats are standard on the '19 EX-L and I assume the '20 EX-L in Canada. I had a '17 EX-L and didn't have it, but now have it on my '19 EX-L.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For what it's worth I'm really annoyed with manufacturers only offering captains chairs on top line trim. I wasn't willing to spend the extra $5000 to get memory seats only to lose the bench that I really needed.

This is annoying, indeed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a new lease and moved up to an XC90. Memory seats are standard and I can get any seating I want, either 5,6 or 7.

How are you liking it? I've heard they have their own issues (with electronics?)

·
Registered
705 Posts
How are you liking it? I've heard they have their own issues (with electronics?)
Only 3 months in (2k mi) and I love it. It's everything the Honda wasn't and is so much more polished overall. My only Electronics issue is the engine shutoff sometimes won't kill the engine but I don't know if that's an actual problem or conditions aren't right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only 3 months in (2k mi) and I love it. It's everything the Honda wasn't and is so much more polished overall. My only Electronics issue is the engine shutoff sometimes won't kill the engine but I don't know if that's an actual problem or conditions aren't right.

Isn't volvo much more expensive? different leagues so to say?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Isn't volvo much more expensive? different leagues so to say?
I think pricing begins about where an elite ends. Sticker on mine was 56, the only options beyond 7 passenger seating were wheels, nav and heated rear seats. I believe that would put it about $53 for a "base" XC90 which is very much loaded with tech. I'm leasing it for $597, sign and drive so I think it's competitive in that respect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts