Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just purchased the Poron Backup Device aftermarket backup sensor and getting ready to install it. The installation requires that I have access to the rear light wire (so you can turn on the poron backup unit when you switch in to reverse), but I can't seem to figure out how to take the rear light cover off. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jackson

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Take out the two screws and then carfully pull the lense strait back.
It might be easier to use a padded screwdriver to pry it back at the outside edge.

It is well atached, but should come free without breaking anything.

Remember the trick is to move it STRAIT back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are the screws?

Thanks jay. But where are the screws? The only screw I found is more like a nut that's located inside the truck. Thanks again for your help.

Jackson

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Might have to take another look, but I thought there were 2 per side that are only exposed when the rear hatch is open.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Poron Backup Device Installed

I finally got the Poron backup device installed. It's relatively easy if you know what you're doing. It took me about 3 hours, but should be less if I knew where the backup light wire is. Thanks to Jay I was able to take the rear light cover off. But in inspecting the light assembly carefully, I noticed there are two bulbs - one said turn/stop and the other turn/tail - no backup. That's when I realized the backup light is on the back door. I traced the backup wire to the rear top of the car and found the "green/black with silver strip" cable. Tap into it and wire the group into the body frame and that did it. For those whose are interested, let me know and I'll post the pics later.

Jackson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts