Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting a '23 CRV if I can get a good deal on one. I can wait a while to shop around and travel a bit for one. My last car I bought I factory ordered from a Subaru dealership 800 miles away and got an unbelievable deal thousands less any local dealership would offer. Do certain Honda dealerships do something similar - factory order - wait for the car to be built, etc? I'm in North Carolina and don't want to travel that far again to buy a car, unless it's another unbelievable deal.

I realize it's not the best time to buy cars and will likely wait to buy something but wanted to post here anyway just incase anyone has any tips.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
728 Posts
A couple months ago, car blogs I follow online were saying Q3/Q4 next year things will start to get back to pre-covid inventory.

Not sure if things have changed since.
Either way check CarGurus.com and set it to nationwide.

Another option depending on how much work you want to do.

Tom McParkland, professional car buyer, he writes for Jalopnik. Back when I was buying my Pilot I reached out to him and I think it's $400-500 for him to find you the best deal. Honestly if you don't like visiting dealers it's worth it. He's got a couple options depending if you know exactly what you want.

Good luck

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’ll be honest and have to say it’s gonna be tough to find any kind of deal on a new CR-V I recently just looked at the 2023 HR-V and those were already marked up I can’t imagine the CR-V would offer any kind of deal right off the new redesign. A deal to me these days is if you get one at sticker or a few hundred off the sticker.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A Spec; 2020 Acura TLX A Spec; 2006 Honda Pilot EXL AWD
35 Posts
😱😭🤣😱😭🤣
A good deal. Are you familiar with the world wide chip shortage. Seriously. Honda sales are down over 40% year to date. Acura sales are down over 50%. We are living in a world where Kia Telluride’s are selling for $10,000 over MSRP. The chip shortage is not getting any better. Check back in 2025 if you want a good deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts