Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be purchasing soon and love hearing about how everyone gets great use of their Pilot's in the mountains, on snow and ice, etc. But where I live it is as flat as Africa and most of my driving is on the highway going to downtown Miami. Not much use for 4WD! But alas, I still want the Pilot. I love the spaciousness of it and it isn't a monster like the Expedition or Tahoe. Still...

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
well I am in the Chicago area...no mountains...(though the 4WD does come handy in the snow) still its are real nice vehicle and again you are not paying a whole lot for the4WD when you compare this with others.

Also since its not all time 4wD gas milage is higher

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
I didn't buy the Pilot for off-roading... more like using the 3rd row for hauling passengers and flipping down all of the seats for the occasional "help a buddy move". I, too, live in a suburban area, and if I wanted to do some serious off-roading, I'd probably pick some other SUV... and plus, I am not a minivan-tpye.... ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Alexandra -

I drive every work day from west Broward to east and return. I've had the Pilot since June and I'm still impressed by the quiet and power of the engine and the smoothness of the transmission. As you noted, the roomy interior makes for a comfortable drive as well.

I also like the stability that results from the "wide-track" stance and the AWD capability DOES inspire more confidence when driving on our slippery streets during and immediately after one of our tropical "gulley-washers".

I predict that you're going to LOVE your Pilot for commuting.... REALLY!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Chief! You are totally right about the daily afternoon downpours that are fast approaching. It gets very squirrley on the 95 commute every day. I will defiantely feel much safere during those conditions. Thanks for the pep talk!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi Alex

Well I live in the Big Apple and we don't see too many mountians around here but I've got to tell you that when my wife lets me drive it, I am in Heaven. I drive a 2003 GM (too embarrassed to say which one, its just too ugly) and it drives ok. But when I in the Pilot I'M LIKE A KID IN A CANDY SHOP! OK enough with the cliches. What I'm trying to say is You'll love it!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pilot:

Your car must resemble the 2003 Buick Century rental I have been using for the past week while my car is getting fixed. I hate it! Drives fine but it is so lame! I knew it was bad when my 75 year old neighbor asked me if I had gotten a new car...I told her that it was a rental and she said, "oh, it is a wonderful, beautiful car." She owned one!

·
Registered
128 Posts
PilotCrazy said:
Hi Alex

I drive a 2003 GM (too embarrassed to say which one, its just too ugly) and it drives ok.
Aztek?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Chief, you are right on the money. I actually tried to fishtail in the Pilot and was unable to do it. It was right after it rained in Ft. Lauderdale on my way to work. You can actually feel it doing what it says it does and makes sure you don't fishtail. It very roomy and a smooth ride, but I just don't see the power like some others do. That could be in part that I traded in a T-Bird with a V8 engine and drive a Crown Vic V8 police car too. Hard to drive around 8 hours like that and then try to drive normal in my Pilot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts