Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the website that I've been a part of related to home audio seems to be going down the tubes, I decided to launch my own forum discussion site, www.audiokarma.org . It's been online for a total of a few hours, but I hope to build it into a great community of people interested in home audio/video.

Special thanks to Daniel, the admin here, for helping me set up the site. Stop by and say hi! :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
What, we weren't keeping you busy enough shipping Honda parts? :D

Congrats, Tim - best wishes for an enjoyable AudioKarma.org journey.

hondacuraworld said:
Since the website that I've been a part of related to home audio seems to be going down the tubes, I decided to launch my own forum discussion site, www.audiokarma.org . It's been online for a total of a few hours, but I hope to build it into a great community of people interested in home audio/video.

Special thanks to Daniel, the admin here, for helping me set up the site. Stop by and say hi! :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Tim,

I have a moderate Home theator system with Paradigm Ref / Studio speakers + Outlaw 950 Pre + Outlaw 750 Amp + Maranz DVD. Do I fall in Audiophiles.

By the way, I am not happy with the sound / speaker system in my Pilot. Do you recommend any good speakres ( Models ) to go in my Pilot.

KE

·
Registered
180 Posts
hey I'm not only Pilotless, I'm Outlaw 950less too. I've been on the list since Feb. I seem to be on a lot of lists lately. :( Check out this post for my Pilot story:

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92&highlight=pilotless

KePilot, how do you like the 950? Do you have the infamous hiss problem?

I occasionally post on HomeTheaterForum and have listened to one of the moderators systems that include the 950. Sounded great. I'm a little nervous about getting one tho. Might let them work out all the bugs first. I'm serioulsy considering the Rotel 1066.

My system is composed of the following, Sherbourn 5/1500a, B&W CDM7 se (main), CDMC(Center) and Rock solids (LM1 Predecessors) for rears. I use a denon 2801 as a preamp. I just bought the JVC 7 carousel DVD player which includes DVD Audio. Really awesome. I recently acquired a SVS 25-31 PCi Sub. This thing rocks the house! I also have a pair of Rockustic Pavarockis by the pool.

Tim I was just over at your site. Looks like you have some regulars there. Its also a very nice site.

From what I've been reading, I'm getting a little nervous about the sound system in the Pilot. It appears to be an entry level Alpine system. How is the head unit? From what I gather the speakers stink. Any recommendations? Over at the MDX forum they are recommending Infinitiies and Pioneers. Does the pilot come with the same sound system as the Base MDX? It appears so... Anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I have a SONY Dream Machine Clock Radio ... It can really kick out some tunes ... as well as wake me up.

PrG

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Pilotless,

Hang in there. I understand your pain. I was lucky with Pilot, I had to just wait for 3 weeks. Pilots are just picking up in Up-state NY area.

Outlaw 950 is great for every thing. No, I do not have the HISS problem with my unit. I guess, this hiss problem is an accumulated one based on your other components.

My Outlaw replace B & K's Ref. 20 ( I had paid $2400.00 ) for that. Outlaw beats it hands down on all fields.

Good Lucks with both Pilot and Outlaw. ( If I were you I will wait for Outlaw , just my opinion).

Pilot Speakers : I have ordered 2 Pairs of Inifinity 625 and Dynamats to replace the existing speakers, hope that improves the sound, but, the system that came with my EX-L is not bad though.

KE

·
Registered
180 Posts
KEPILOT

The 950 hasn't shipped since June, so I'm thinking their is a problem, but its just not being exhibited on every system. I received an update from Outlaw which stated that they will resume shipping soon.

I wonder which will come first, the Pilot or the 950.....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Pilotless : I hope you get your 950 first, then you will have some time to enjoy it before the mighty Pilot arrives. From the time I have received my Pilot, I have not spent much time with 950. I am busy Ziano'ing the pilot, in the name breaking-in, we are taking long trips to see things which we had not done in last three years. Now, I am wating for Infinity 625 speakers. You know what I mean....

Good Luck

KE

·
Registered
180 Posts
Kepilot,

Outlaw started shipping fixed versions of the 950. Since you have one, you might want to look into getting the latest and greatest free of charge. They are also picking up the shipping!

Still waiting for the 950.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts