Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Follow Piloteers!

I have a 2015 Pilot EX-L non-nav and I am looking to install either an aftermarket system or possibly an actual OEM unit. Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket options for a non-nav Pilot? I think NaviTool requires a Nav system to work.

If not, does anyone know if I can install the OEM unit from Honda?

Thanks!

TJB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I don't have a Tapatalk account. But if you know if either scenario can work that would be a great place for me to start. Thanks!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Basically there's Navtool and Naviks.
Navtool's practices and support sucks. But the product is great, if and when it works. I personally have their AA/ACP/Mirroring interface and I'm happy to a point.

Naviks' Smartphone Mirroring interface is not HD. I have Naviks' smartphone interface and it looks like watching a 1982 tv show compared to what the phone screen actually looks like.

Naviks' also has an AA/ACP interface but I have not found anyone with 1 to compare it's look.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello Follow Piloteers!

I have a 2015 Pilot EX-L non-nav and I am looking to install either an aftermarket system or possibly an actual OEM unit. Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket options for a non-nav Pilot? I think NaviTool requires a Nav system to work.

If not, does anyone know if I can install the OEM unit from Honda?

Thanks!

TJB
Yes you can install OEM Nav unit
PM me

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Other option: Purchase a 4runner have all the goodies you want :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Installing OEM Nav unit in a non-Nav model = colossal project, and you will end up with a decidedly 'old generation' outdated system without proper smartphone support. Not a route I would go.

Navtool/Naviks is least invasive. It essentially installs between your head unit and display module and gives you phone support. Definitely Apple CarPlay and later models have Android Auto as well. But people say they got weird support issues. Control is via steering wheel-mounted button pad or via a jog dial module. Not touchscreen.

Going into realm of aftermarket: OEM audio head unit has climate control sub-display integrated with it, and getting rid of it is problematic. Me and some others had better luck leaving factory head in and powered - but disconnected from speakers - and putting an aftermarket head into the display unit. But this requires a fair amount of tool-savvy. Not a straight swap by any means. Going aftermarket also means you need a subwoofer amp.

I am extremely happy with my install (Alpine ILX-207 head). It also included all new Focal speakers, a Kicker sub, and a 5-channel Rockford Fosgate amp, overall cost probably around $1500. Took a LOT of work.

Final_nav.jpg

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Very nice !... I would love to do this BUT when you change out to an aftermarket HU you loose functions like the display when selecting features in mode like XM that i use a lot.

·
Registered
381 Posts
ILX-207(and many other heads) is XM ready. You add a Sirius SXV300 module, and you get much better XM experience than Honda native. I don't care about XM, I use Pandora and Google Music.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts