Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
How old is the Alternator? How many miles on your pilot ?
I had the alternator fail and it resulted in the transmission slipping all over the place, slamming gears....which was the sign it was bad....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car lights keep coming on and off like this I just had the alternative,timing belt changed on my car.
I had the alternator fail and it resulted in the transmission slipping all over the place, slamming gears....which was the sign it was bad....
Car has newer motor in it, odometer reads over 194,000 miles the motor that was put in years ago had lower miles then what the odometer reads. Family gave me the car. I just changed the alternator,timing belt not even 7 months ago. The lights started coming on about 2 months ago. Auto zone tested everything said it was good but then the other auto zone guy said it’s the computer. I’m young and don’t know much about cars so I appreciate your time and response.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Start with; check for tight and clean connections at battery posts. Look for grounds that were disturbed and not tightened during the TB service and engine replacement (we assume) in particular. Including ground conenctions at the engine block. Check connections at the alternator. Check the condition of the main battery to frame ground (near radiator, drive side of vehicle).

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot EX-L
4 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my 2010 pilot a few days before the alternator died. Once it was replaced the dash lights stayed off. Might be worth it to get it checked at AutoZone for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts