Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,569 Posts
Sorry, I can’t figure what you’re trying to post here?

A link to another poster?
Yes, the person I linked is very passionate about a certain type of coolant that is compatible with Honda’s.

But, I believe Prestone makes a coolant that is compatible with Hondas. There is some debate whether premixed or concentrated coolant is a better deal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the person I linked is very passionate about a certain type of coolant that is compatible with Honda’s.

But, I believe Prestone makes a coolant that is compatible with Hondas. There is some debate whether premixed or concentrated coolant is a better deal.
Cool. Thank you

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
If you want what's easy, the Zerex 50/50 blue Asian works fine. But yes, I did a complete flush on all my vehicles with distilled water and made a little stronger mix with Prestone Concentrate Multi-Vehicle. Since the block is drained when the water pump is pulled, it's good to drain the radiator and replace all the coolant.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you want what's easy, the Zerex 50/50 blue Asian works fine. But yes, I did a complete flush on all my vehicles with distilled water and made a little stronger mix with Prestone Concentrate Multi-Vehicle. Since the block is drained when the water pump is pulled, it's good to drain the radiator and replace all the coolant.
Thank you for the feedback.

Right now, it’s chilly out and I am doing this in my crowded garage over the weekend and I need the vehicle for work.

But I plan to flush it when warm up in a couple of weeks. We’re expecting light snow later this week.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Thank you for the feedback.

Right now, it’s chilly out and I am doing this in my crowded garage over the weekend and I need the vehicle for work.

But I plan to flush it when warm up in a couple of weeks. We’re expecting light snow later this week.
The Zerex 50/50 Asuan Blue is fine. I'd drain the radiator and add 2 jugs and forget about it.

Reactions: zmarke01

·
Registered
Traded Pilot for Highlander
265 Posts
I agree with Nail Grease. I just used that Zerex 50/50 Asian Blue on my 2013 CRV. I got it for a great price at Oreillys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts