Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished changing the battery for my 2011 Pilot. Car starts fine but radio does not work. Anti-theft light is flashing on the radio. Screen is blank other than the showing the clock. Other discussions I read talked about a code needed. 2 questions: how do I find the code? and how do I enter it?

Thank you for any guidance to fix this issue!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Honda dealer, they’ll give you the code after you get your serial #

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,919 Posts
Just finished changing the battery for my 2011 Pilot. Car starts fine but radio does not work. Anti-theft light is flashing on the radio. Screen is blank other than the showing the clock. Other discussions I read talked about a code needed. 2 questions: how do I find the code? and how do I enter it?

Do you have the original owner's manual?
There should have been a card with the code included with the manual.

You enter the code using the radio preset buttons.

·
Registered
693 Posts
If your model requires an unlock code, you should have the card with code in your car documentation.
If you don't have the card, you should be able to reset the radio by holding the power button for like 15 seconds.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Do you have the original owner's manual?
There should have been a card with the code included with the manual.

You enter the code using the radio preset buttons.
If your model requires an unlock code, you should have the card with code in your car documentation.
If you don't have the card, you should be able to reset the radio by holding the power button for like 15 seconds.
ON my 2 pilots, the code is in with the owners manual, in the glove box. (does anyone actually put their gloves in a 'glove box'? LOL)

Funny how there seems to be a simple work around too, like Scorrpio mentions.

·
Registered
693 Posts
This 'Work around' is only valid in later gen Pilots (not sure from which year, likely 2009), and only for original factory-installed audio units. Holding power button after power loss causes audio unit to talk to the MICU to confirm the VIN. It it matches, the unit unlocks. As long as original unit remains in its original host vehicle, no code needed, no code card provided.

If you replace your OEM audio unit with another Honda unit, holding power button will no longer work, you will need a code. If you buy a new OEM audio unit from an authorized parts dealer, it should come with a code. If you buy a used unit that has been pulled from another car, make darn sure you get that car's VIN. Cause you will need to get in touch with Honda, explain to them you are trying to unlock a non-native unit, give them the unit serial number and the VIN it originally belonged to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone for their advice, the honda owners website did the trick. With the VIN and radio serial number is gave me the code right away.

·
Registered
1 Posts

This happened to my pilot 2 years ago and again today. Follow this and you’ll fix it right away! It doesn’t matter that it says after changing a battery because both times it happened I hadn’t changed the battery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts