Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda says
"Honda Genuine Antifreeze/Coolant offers unmatched protection and performance. Most other coolants contain borates and/or silicates which can act as abrasives in your Honda's cooling system, causing premature seal wear and leakage. What's more, new Honda Genuine Antifreeze/Coolant Type 2 features extended protection for up to 5 years or 60,000 miles - making it the only recommended coolant for your Honda. "

Anyone found the honda anti-freeze/coolant cheap on any web-site or anywhere else...??:2:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone??

·
Registered
283 Posts
negative ghost rider, pattern is full

sorry i had to use a Top Gun quote somewhere. It seemed like a good place for it.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
My guess is that it is only available from Honda service shops. (Which is quite typical of some products made by auto manufacturers for sale just in the dealer service shops.)

I saw a couple sites which quote the price between $24 and $27 per gallon (un-mixed). Lots of sites *talk* about the benefits, but no one seems to be selling.

Check out this site. In the "Coolant replacement" section, the write says there are other name brands which satisfy the same requirements...

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tim.s said:
My guess is that it is only available from Honda service shops.

I saw a couple sites which quote the price between $24 and $27 per gallon (un-mixed). Lots of sites *talk* about the benefits, but no one seems to be selling.

Check out this site. In the "Coolant replacement" section, the write says there are other name brands which satisfy the same requirements...
actually honda says theirs comes mixed...!!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PaulV7 said:
negative ghost rider, pattern is full

sorry i had to use a Top Gun quote somewhere. It seemed like a good place for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Yeah, I saw one quy quote $13.50 per mixed gallon and another guy quote $24 per "equivalent unmixed" gallon so he could compare to off-the-shelf unmixed brands.

·
Registered
393 Posts
ramirami said:
Honda says
"Honda Genuine Antifreeze/Coolant offers unmatched protection and performance. Most other coolants contain borates and/or silicates which can act as abrasives in your Honda's cooling system, causing premature seal wear and leakage. What's more, new Honda Genuine Antifreeze/Coolant Type 2 features extended protection for up to 5 years or 60,000 miles - making it the only recommended coolant for your Honda. "

Anyone found the honda anti-freeze/coolant cheap on any web-site or anywhere else...??:2:
Haven't hunted for it yet. Sounds like another way for dealers to force us to come in to say "hi" and fork over the dough.:3:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Re: anti-freeze/coolant

Pilot4Biking said:

Haven't hunted for it yet. Sounds like another way for dealers to force us to come in to say "hi" and fork over the dough.:3:
You guys are way to suspicious. (and stop looking over my shoulder!)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Re: Re: Re: anti-freeze/coolant

N_Jay said:

You guys are way to suspicious. (and stop looking over my shoulder!)
N_Jay, just trying to start the gossip. It's fun to see how people feed off others when office type hear-say gets thrown around like this.

Oh, by the way, I do appreciate your continued honestly and your accurate car facts. Thanks. Sounds like you see the world as mechanically as I do. You an Mech Engr like me?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: anti-freeze/coolant

Pilot4Biking said:

You an Mech Engr like me?
No way man.

EE, Full program, not the wimp computer stuff!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anti-freeze/coolant

N_Jay said:

No way man.

EE, Full program, not the wimp computer stuff!
Oh, a "sparky" as we call them here at work. Cool. Glad to hear you are into the good EE stuff.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anti-freeze/coolant

N_Jay said:

No way man.

EE, Full program,
sorry to hear that:2: :2:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shovelhd said:
Another EE here, class of '82, when there was very little "wimpy computer stuff"

hey..I was in 2nd grade and learning LOGO...(any one remember that).....
CS folks ---> :9: :13: <-- EE

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
shovelhd said:
Another EE here, class of '82, when there was very little "wimpy computer stuff"
'82, It was a very good year!:D :D :D

·
Registered
15,140 Posts

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 37 Posts