Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with a problem i'm having with my 2006 pilot. I lost both AM and FM on my radio last week and I believe I might have it tracked down to the antenna amplifier. I've pulled the radio and made sure the antenna was connected properly. After a lot of searching and head scratching I finally found my amplifier in the drivers side C pillar. I made sure the connections were good and still have no AM or FM reception. Just static. I was wondering if the amplifier should have 12 volts going to it or not. I checked both wires running to it and have no power at all with the key on. I've looked in the manual and cannot find a fuse for the antenna.
Should the antenna have power to it or not? If so can someone tell me where to find a fuse or starting point. Any help I can get is appreciated because I am stumped. Thanks again. George

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
This ought to help. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
The HU should play the am and the Fm bands without the signal amp for testing purposes. The signal would be weak but it should still play , sounds like the HU is dead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This ought to help. :)
This ought to help. :)Thanks for the info pipi, It took a lot of research just to find out where the amplifier was. I tried testing with the ohmmeter and it showed continuity everywhere. Tahoefever sent a message saying I should be able to get just a little signal even without the amplifier working and thinks the head unit might be bad. I guess that will be my next step. I really appreciate your quick reply. Thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The HU should play the am and the Fm bands without the signal amp for testing purposes. The signal would be weak but it should still play , sounds like the HU is dead.
Thanks for replying tahoefever. I guess that my next step will b e to check out the head unit. I still wonder if there should be voltage going to the amplifier. I might be looking at a whole new system for this. Thanks again for the reply!!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Thanks for replying tahoefever. I guess that my next step will b e to check out the head unit. I still wonder if there should be voltage going to the amplifier. I might be looking at a whole new system for this. Thanks again for the reply!!
Hope its something simple !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts