Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and we love it. It's a Webasto, the largest one they make. Props to Custom Softrim in KC for the nice install. It looks like factory work, and really brightens up the interior. Almost as good of a feeling as the top down in the S2000 :)

Sorry the pics aren't better - I took these with my phone, and I broke my humerus a few weeks ago and it's hard to get a good picture when you can't hold on or hold still! I can't even drive :-(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Looks really good! What model Webasto is it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
wonerful....great work..

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Thanks VF!

Another question I've been meaning to ask the Webasto crowd. I notice that the rear edge of the sunroof "runs into" the roof channels. How does the sunroof kit accommodate the "rippled" edge (since the "flatness" of the roof is broken up by the channels)? I am concerned about the weather resistance in that area.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Samuel2003 said:
Thanks VF!

Another question I've been meaning to ask the Webasto crowd. I notice that the rear edge of the sunroof "runs into" the roof channels. How does the sunroof kit accommodate the "rippled" edge (since the "flatness" of the roof is broken up by the channels)? I am concerned about the weather resistance in that area.
I've had my Webasto 744 since last November and have had no problems. the gasket molds to the shape of the ridges in the roof.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Looks nice but I cant imagine having someone cut a hole in a brand new 30K vehicle! :eek:

How does adding a sunroof affect:

Warranty on the Pilot
Body rigidity/integrity

·
Registered
423 Posts
labow said:
Looks nice but I cant imagine having someone cut a hole in a brand new 30K vehicle! :eek:

How does adding a sunroof affect:

Warranty on the Pilot
Body rigidity/integrity
These subjects have been discussed at length on previous threads the past year.
As far as body rigidty/integrity goes, it depends on who you talk with. Personally I don't think it is affected.
Warranty, what warranty? Honda does not warranty the sun roof.

Check out the previous threads for more discussion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to get too deep into this here...

as 4603 pba said they've been discussed. I have noticed that the ridges seem to have been "flattened" a bit by the installer when then installed the roof. I think they clamp the sunroof frame to get it sealed well to the Pilot. I don't think it's very noticeable, and I'd rather have no leaks than no roof ridge adjustments. As far as integrity, my installer said it looked like the Pilot was "made for a sunroof option". He said he cut through nothing significant and it looked to him like Honda built it such that a sunroof option could be added at the factory easily. Is that true? Who knows! I'm just out enjoying the breeze and the light! :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looks great!
I also have the Webasto 749 on our Pilot and love it. Looks great and great features. The gasket is sealed and moulded to the ridges.
The PIlot still is solid as before...no noise or rattles and does not effect the warrentee according to everyone i have talked to.
Most important is find a very good installer with whom will give you references. Webasto customer service was also great in answering questions and installer recomendations

·
Registered
29 Posts
VTEC,

How much did you payed for the sunroof to be installed?

PEACE!!!! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts