Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2004 Silver Pilot EX shipped on 10/14. It should hopefully be here in a week. I got rear splash guards and all-weather Weathertech mats around (including cargo tray).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cool. You will love your Pilot, I know i do!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Johnwarre said:
My new 2004 Silver Pilot EX shipped on 10/14. It should hopefully be here in a week. I got rear splash guards and all-weather Weathertech mats around (including cargo tray).
Welcome to the Silver Pilot EX clan---the wait is nearly over! Hope you'll enjoy yours as much as we've enjoyed ours, including the cloth seats, which continue to look brand-new after close to 13,000 miles! ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Me too

We also just ordered ours on Sunday. Starlight Silver EX-L with DVD. Getting the fog lights, back-up sensors and the protection package put on. We were told atound two to three weeks for delivery.

Reading all the posts on this forum you see how much you folks like your Pilots.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Me too

I ordered a 2004 Starlight Silver EXL-RES in the end of August from a dealer in Ohio. My car was built sometime around October 12-15 and according to my dealer was shipped on October 16th. He also provided me with the VIN #. On Saturday the dealer informed me that my car is in Buffalo, NY.
Any guesses, when I should be able to take the delivery considering it has to still reach Ohio from Buffalo, NY.
I am also adding the following accessories:
1) Running boards
2) Backup sensors
3) Cross roof rails
4) All weather mats
5) Splash guards

·
Registered
360 Posts
Re: Re: Another soon to be Piloteer!!

Ziploc said:
Welcome to the Silver Pilot EX clan---the wait is nearly over! Hope you'll enjoy yours as much as we've enjoyed ours, including the cloth seats, which continue to look brand-new after close to 13,000 miles! ;)
Ziploc, have you considered Scotchguarding your seats? My dealer advised that I do it and I did two days after I received my Pilot.

(Oh, and CONGRATS to all you new and soon-to-be Piloteers! :4: )

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Piucked up the pilot today. It is a great car. Glad i went over the delivery check list. It has a balck pen mark on driver's arm rest and nick in the dash. There are to call on monday about what they are going to do to repair it.

Hopefully I will post more now that I feel like part of the family

·
Registered
101 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Another soon to be Piloteer!!

gymeni said:
Ziploc, have you considered Scotchguarding your seats? My dealer advised that I do it and I did two days after I received my Pilot.

(Oh, and CONGRATS to all you new and soon-to-be Piloteers! :4: )

How did you apply the scotchguarding? I too have cloth in my EX and with the side airbags deploying out of the front seats, I can't put a seat cover on them. Do you just use the commercial off the shelf spray can product? How many coats do you apply? Doesn't the scotchguard leave a tacky residue?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Another soon to be Piloteer!!

elduderino said:
How did you apply the scotchguarding? I too have cloth in my EX and with the side airbags deploying out of the front seats, I can't put a seat cover on them. Do you just use the commercial off the shelf spray can product? How many coats do you apply? Doesn't the scotchguard leave a tacky residue?
I bought the commercial off-the-shelf can at K-Mart or Wal-Mart. Thus far I have applied/sprayed one coat. There is no tacky residue whatsoever. I was initially concerned with the smell, which is VERY strong, but the directions state that the smell goes away completely when the product is dry. I still had the smell 24 hours later -- and I considered the seats to be dry -- but by the 2nd day the smell was completely gone and my "new car aroma" had returned. I plan to do a 2nd coat. Just make sure that you don't overspray onto the plastic surfaces.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
congrats on getting the best color...:2: dont forget the pictures..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts