Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Very tragic indeed. After seeing the wreckage, it's amazing that the daughter escaped the Pilot with only a broken arm.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Even worse ...

... the story repeats more than 100 times a day.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
guitarman said:
Very tragic indeed. After seeing the wreckage, it's amazing that the daughter escaped the Pilot with only a broken arm.
My wife saw the coverage when it first ran on the news here.
She freeked, (She was in a rollover with her Range Rover years ago.)
By the time I got to the TV they were replaying the on road scene, but did not reshow the Pilot after the wreck.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
sad..real sad

·
Registered
15 Posts
I heard this on the news. Very sad tragedy. Makes you get real mad at stupid drivers and want to buy a tank to feel safe.

In a split second the car was off the road. Anyone think that VSC (stability control on a MDX or Volvo) would have kicked in and helped?

I pray the family can somehow live on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I heard this on the news. Very sad tragedy. Makes you get real mad at stupid drivers and want to buy a tank to feel safe.

In a split second the car was off the road. Anyone think that VSC (stability control on a MDX or Volvo) would have kicked in and helped?

I pray the family can somehow live on.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Anyone can repost the pictures/viedo ?

The link does not work (for me).

Anyone can repost, or tell the story again ?
Was it a Pilot got hitted ?

thanks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Re: Anyone can repost the pictures/viedo ?

PChiu said:
The link does not work (for me).

Anyone can repost, or tell the story again ?
Was it a Pilot got hitted ?

thanks.
Works for me (just tried it). Did you click on the link or did you highlight the link and copy/paste it into your browser? The latter won't work.

Yes, it was a pilot. Their calling it a hit-and-run although, if I read the article correctly, there was no contact between vehicles (the other vehicle caused the pilot driver to swerve & she lost control).

As far as electronic equipment to prevent loss of control, it depends - keep in mind that if you have one of those and the vehicle gets so far out of its performance envelope that the driver still loses control, it's going to be really bad (as in you probably won't be able to recover as it would be too late).

Yes, they're nice-to-haves, especially for people who are rarely in edge-of-the-envelope situations. But (IMHO) they're no subsitute for good driving skills and judgement.

Of course, I've never driven a vehicle with a skid control, so what do I know? :D I have had a few edge-of-the-envelope situations in my 18 years of driving from which I recovered unscathed - my 2 at-fault accidents were from poor judgement, though (in one I wasn't looking & bumped someone; the other I misinterpreted a driver's behavior (thought she was doing half a u-turn and backing into her parking spot when it turns out she was making a really bad u-turn (across a double-yellow line, blocking traffic in both directions (well, would have blocked me had I stopped in time), & driving w/o insurance, too!).

Oh, yeah - my other accident (hit by a red-light runner) was poor judgement in a way - ever since then I check intersections thoroughly before crossing whereas before I just made a cursory glance when a light changed (since that accident I did avoid what probably would have been a fatal accident by learning from it - guy ran a light doing about 50 or 60 through a limited-visibility intersection after his light was red for about 2 seconds - I had just started to go after waiting the 2 seconds when he flew past me, missing me by 2 or 3 ffeet).

Sorry for the tangent - that stream of consiousness thing again rolleyes:

kad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts